Jump to content
Computer Audiophile

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'sotm dx-usb'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Reviews
  • CA Academy
  • Audio Shows
  • Bits and Bytes
  • Digital Vinyl
  • The Music In Me


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


  • Downloads
  • CA Sample Club's Files


  • Equipment
    • General Forum
    • Music Servers
    • DAC - Digital to Analog Conversion
    • Disk Storage / Music Library Storage
    • Networking, Networked Audio, and Streaming
    • Headphones & Speakers
    • Software
    • DSP, Room Correction, and Multi Channel Audio
    • iTunes and Everything Apple
    • Article Comments
  • Music
    • Music Downloads & Streaming
    • Music in General
    • Music Analysis - Objective & Subjective
    • In Memoriam
  • Sponsored Forums
    • Sonore (Sponsored)
    • HDtracks (Sponsored)
    • UpTone Audio (Sponsored)
    • Highend-AudioPC (Sponsored)
    • Abbingdon Music Research / iFi audio (Sponsored)
    • Klipsch (Sponsored)
    • Superphonica
  • CA All Access
    • Buy & Sell Audio and Computer Components
  • Allo's Allo Topics
  • CA Sample Club's Topics
  • CA Sample Club's Q & A

Found 1 result

  1. Hello all - I'm a newbie to this forum and a relative newbie to computer audio. I currently own a macbook air which I use as a music server (running Audirvana) connected to my Marantz SA8004 SACD/DAC via USB. But USB on the Marantz is capped at 96k, whereas if I can get 192k if I go in via optical or coax. Unfortunately, my MBA has no digital output. SO... assuming that I want to get 192k (don't tell me it's not worth it, I understand it might not be but I'm curious) am I better off investing in a (post-2009) Mac Mini that will give me a digital output from the headphone port allowing me to go directly into the optical in on the Marantz, or in buying a USB/Spdif converter and going coax into the Marantz. I ask because there's a Sotm dx-USB available near me right now for $180 and I've read good things about it. But I can't decide if I'd be better off just putting that money towards a Mac that has digital output capability. Any thoughts are welcome, thanks