Jump to content
Computer Audiophile

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'mic'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Reviews
  • CA Academy
  • Audio Shows
  • Bits and Bytes
  • Digital Vinyl
  • The Music In Me


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


  • Downloads
  • CA Sample Club's Files


  • Equipment
    • General Forum
    • Music Servers
    • DAC - Digital to Analog Conversion
    • Disk Storage / Music Library Storage
    • Networking, Networked Audio, and Streaming
    • Headphones & Speakers
    • Software
    • DSP, Room Correction, and Multi Channel Audio
    • iTunes and Everything Apple
    • Article Comments
  • Music
    • Music Downloads & Streaming
    • Music in General
    • Music Analysis - Objective & Subjective
    • In Memoriam
  • Sponsored Forums
    • Sonore (Sponsored)
    • HDtracks (Sponsored)
    • UpTone Audio (Sponsored)
    • Highend-AudioPC (Sponsored)
    • Abbingdon Music Research / iFi audio (Sponsored)
    • Klipsch (Sponsored)
    • Superphonica
  • CA All Access
    • Buy & Sell Audio and Computer Components
  • Allo's Allo Topics
  • CA Sample Club's Topics
  • CA Sample Club's Q & A

Found 2 results

  1. I need a mic to talk to friends when I am playing games, but I hate using over the ear headsets; for me, they are uncomfortable, they give me a headache, and they hurt my ears after a while. My problem is that over the ear headsets are the only way I know of to have a sidetone, I cannot use a headset without a sidetone. I would much rather use my earbuds/in-ear headphones. My question is what do I need to be able to use in-ear headphones and still have a sidetone so I can hear myself? I tried to figure it out myself but I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing. I don't really want to spend a lot on this, whatever is cheapest will be good enough for me.
  2. Greetings folks, I am ready to step into the world of DRC and this is my first foray into anything that require measurements. I am looking at either of a Behringer ecm8000 or the umik-1 usb and plan to follow the steps described here: Creating a DRC Room Correction Filter for your Squeezebox. Basic steps involve measuring L speaker with mic with R line-out from amp into R channel input of soundcard/mixer for the reference channel, then swapping L and R mic/card. I looked up the behringer 302usb and 502usb and it looks to be the most convenient. But I dont know how to use it. I've never used any kind of recording gear before and wondering where to plug the mic and rca-out of amp on it. The mixer has a dedicated mic input socket and separate L+R input pairs. So do I plug in the mic into the mic socket and the rca-out from amp into the R-in of one inputs? Or do I plug the mic into the L input and the rca-out of amp into the R input? Also do you have any recommendations for any other mixer/soundcard hardware that is external and will work with linux without drivers (or has linux drivers for ubuntu)? The whole investment is going to be a one time usage only (or every time I move house once in a few years). Once I am done with it after a week of fiddling with generating FIR files it will stowed away, so I need something cheap that will not auto-sample and allow L+R inputs separately for measurements. If I buy the umik-1 or any usb based mic, I dont know how I will input the other reference channel from Amp, unless there is a cheap external usb box that will work with one usb on mic and another on the usb soundcard. (I hope arecord or Audacity will work with two usb inputs for recording)? Thanks for all your advise. G0bble