IGNORED

NHT MOO's

A few months ago, I purchased a pair of NHT M-00's for a home office system. I also purchased a Devilsound DAC and a NHT passive volume control unit for this new office system. Cables would be Kimber Hero. When I bought all this stuff then, I thought, not a very expensive system, but probably a capable and enjoyable system that would meet our needs and then some for the office. I did not set the system up right away as we have been doing some serious reorganizing within our little office.

Today, instead of setting the M-00's up in the office, I decided to try them for the first time in place of my Paradigm Active 40's in our main system. My WL DAC/Pre is in the shop, so I had already been using the Devilsound and the NHT PVC attached to a Macbook. Well, I am overwhelmed by how good the little M-00's sound. And, I'm kicking myself for not buying the S-00 subwoofer as well when I had the chance. It is not available any longer.

Certainly, the Devilsound is not as good as my WL DAC. Probably, not even close, but attached to the M00's, it is a very enjoyable listen, and the space within my listening room is filled with music. I would describe the M-00's as eager and powerful, detailed, accurate, and robust. Sorry, that's the extent of my sudo-reviewer vocabulary at the moment. Needless to say, I am very impressed and satisfied with the sound of these little guys. All this begs the question: Is it really necessary to spend so much more? Anyway, I like these little speakers so much, I thought I'd offer my 2 cents.