20 hours ago, Guidof said:

cover.thumb.JPG.be7df621a786c77b8905d2cc6c1c6336.JPG

McCoy Tyner, Lex Humphries, Steve Davis: Nights of Ballads & Blues.

Disappointing sound (hole-in-the-middle soundstage, bass and drums too loud -- at least in my system). A 24/96 HDTapeTransfers download.

How funny - just now listened to this on Tidal. Sound not great, but music really is. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Diana Damrau

Franz Liszt

Lieder

Other than the occasional song or two in a live recital, I wasn't really familiar with this side of Franz Liszt until this album by Diana Damrau.  It's wonderful to find something new to love at my age!  (49 haha, but I've been listening mostly to classical music since I was around 5 years old, and have somewhere over 2000 CDs in my collection--all played at least once lol, so I've done a fair bit of exploring over my time haha!)

1234599530_DianaLiszta.thumb.jpg.9441cc6cbf5e1b92623ef0800656a4c0.jpg

765027726_DianaLisztb.thumb.jpg.a00fd9137faadc55966cdb5933c1efe0.jpg

Here's a sample from youtube, with a lovely trill at the end:

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

Time for an old favorite:

Leif Ove Andsnes

Johannes Brahms

Piano Concerto No. 1

Rattle/City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra

2067200286_LOABa.thumb.jpg.4c44d9c16e0d2cdac7dde31e1cc60c02.jpg

876666137_LOABb.thumb.jpg.59c5d8178db8cc74bcb790a2e43c8a4c.jpg

Hard to believe that in September this recording will be twenty years old already lol.  Well, it's still fresh and exciting to me :D

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

Double post

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)