14 hours ago, austinpop said:

Haven’t finished listening, but just based on the first 3 tracks, run - don’t walk - and buy it on sale at $8.78 for 24/96 at eclassical.com!

BC7EF265-6CA3-4F23-B114-56CE222EC4DA.jpeg.4c0b52a3ed9392330082b7a38cdcf2db.jpeg

I listened a bit to the clips on the site and bought it. It's good "if you like that kind of thing", which I do. Always like well conceived and executed Indian - Western synthesis.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Sergei Rachmaninov

Symphony No. 2

Lan Shui/Singapore Symphony Orchestra

377743511_ShuiR2.thumb.jpg.2813d01b0797d8b4cbfd1c96ae9be94e.jpg

Gorgeous performance (Shui is my favorite conductor of the Rachmaninov symphonies), and wonderfully clear and dynamic recorded sound as usual with BIS.

For connoisseurs of this symphony, this recording is of the uncut score, and includes the first movement exposition repeat.  (Many recordings are listed as "complete" or "uncut" but do not have the repeat noted in the score.  I have over 40 recordings of this symphony haha.)

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

8 hours ago, WAM said:

My favorite Mahler 5:

neumann.jpg

My first ever Mahler 5th was an LP of later Neumann version for Supraphon. Great impression in mid 70s, not anymore. This earlier recording with Gewandhaus is slightly more energetic, but both sound quality and interpretation slightly outdated, imho. 

2 hours ago, WAM said:

Perhaps you are right. But it's the one I keep returning to (I own 6 other versions). For some odd reason, I like it.

I didn't want to cast a doubt or question your preference...) I heard many versions of 5th and I am happy to find special flavor and certain attraction in each of them. The version of 5th which I selected as outstanding for many years was from Barbirolli, but I am not sure anymore. So many great and very different approaches to Mahler are accessible now.

3 hours ago, accwai said:

Ravi Shankar: Symphony

David Murphy, Anoushka Shankar, London Philharmonic Orchestra

MI0003326992.jpg

Very nice pick. Second nice Indian-Classical download I've made this week. If anyone else looks, it's only available in Redbook and mp3. Chandos was the cheapest I saw it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

22 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I didn't want to cast a doubt or question your preference...) I heard many versions of 5th and I am happy to find special flavor and certain attraction in each of them. The version of 5th which I selected as outstanding for many years was from Barbirolli, but I am not sure anymore. So many great and very different approaches to Mahler are accessible now.

I did nor read your post that way, it's refreshing to hear/read other aficionado's thoughts about their preferences ?. The Barbirolli was also a first choice for me for a long time. On top of my Mahler 5 list is Chailly/RCO.

Happy listening, WAM