8 hours ago, vmartell22 said:

I did not know this was out - at least in FLAC format - the physical release is slated for August, as per DG

This is fantastic - even better than his Chicago set.  Of course, such traditional approach can be well, not sure if "controversial" is the word, but sets like Chailly's  get more attention and praise this days..

Great if you like that a approach. Very refined sounds from the Staatskapelle and recording captures lots of the hall ambiance; first time I hear of the Pierre Boulez-saal, but it must be  a wonderful venue

v

cover.jpg

Need to check this one out. I've never been a particular fan of Barenboim as conductor (vs. pianist), but am curious to hear his take. 

And yes, the Boulez Saal is quite nice, it is part of the relatively new Said-Barenboim Academy in Berlin. 

I got burnt.  Thought I was settling in for a nice evening of disjointed operatic highlights with almost no need to hit next track on my player.  Every single disc from the substantial collection I picked up features talking over the orchestra throughout every track.  I'm posting one as warning to others, not to verbally pout at my dissatisfaction.  

This equally local production saved the evening by being the lone disc actually producing music.  This disc predates the passing of Stephen Paulus who is featured.

e4ILtBo.jpg

On 7/26/2018 at 12:13 AM, Musicophile said:

Return flight home from a business trip cancelled. Only solution to get home tonight: rent a car and drive for 5 hours.

Luckily I had this beautiful compilation on my Qobuz app:

0002894777483_600.jpg

Much better driving a crappy rental Ford with beautiful music.

Did you hear Fazil Say's Nocturnes recording? If yes, what you think?

20 hours ago, biosailor said:

Great 60's jazz!!! A masterpiece!

WS_AA.jpg.5d9974681f7a502c57f222c37a4ec9df.jpg

Somehow I'd missed this one. Listening to it now on Tidal. I think it's going to be permanent "favorite" - meaning I buy a download. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)