14 hours ago, Guidof said:

cover.thumb.jpg.db1a7fbb1e62b1ec7aa5fb3ef13785d3.jpg

Blue Mitchell, with Junior Cook, Chick Corea, Gene Taylor, Aloysius Foster: The Thing To Do. Most enjoyable, laid back trumpet playing.

Very good sound from a 24/192 Qobuz download.

I very much like Blue Mitchell, sad enough that his career was short! Thanks for pointing me to the 24/192 Qobuz download, I only have a 16/44 version. Will download immediately.

If you can get past the DG sound, especially the bloated bass, these two are explosive, highly emotional representations of Tchaikovsky's warhorses. Christian Ferras is spectacular. A life tragically ended at age 49.

Breathtaking Karajan.

1466627614_ScreenShot2018-06-02at10_41_33AM.thumb.jpg.1b2d77da624498013a3ca85a1518d72c.jpg

https://tidal.com/album/4836012

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

8 hours ago, Musicophile said:

It's so nice finally having access to Chandos' catalogue via streaming.

Now if only Hyperion would follow.

For today:

aciuadi6lzyvb_600.jpg

Streaming from Qobuz.

It's on Spotify and Deezer, but I can't find it on Tidal,  where all the Chandos albums seem to be more than 5 years old.

6 hours ago, biosailor said:

Recorded in 1964, but released only in 1979, Grant Green's superb album 'Matador'. With a stellar crew: pianist McCoy Tyner (!), Bob Cranshaw on bass, and Elvin Jones on drum. The jazz world would be poorer had this album gone missing in Blue Note's musical vaults!

GG_M.thumb.jpg.5562a2eb480b511e2768be13686f95d7.jpg

I never heard this one before .. thanks for posting!

4 hours ago, Daverz said:

It's on Spotify and Deezer, but I can't find it on Tidal,  where all the Chandos albums seem to be more than 5 years old.

I should clarify that I don't have the "Hi-Fi" lossless Deezer service, so I don't know if recent Chandos CDs are available for lossless streaming there.