Wow, I didn't know he has a new album out.

King of California and Black Jack Dave are two of favorite albums.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

LOVE this thread - I almost always listen to full albums too.

Artist: Dennis Wilson

Album: Pacific Ocean Blue

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

I am listening to erin boheme - What Love Is.

RSB

The world is but one country, and mankind its citizens.

Living Room: Caps2/JRiver 19/Fidelizer > Wireworld Platinum USB > Calyx DAC/KingRex PSU > Kimber Heroes > Bryston BP-26/4B-SST > Kimber 8TC > B&W 802D.

Den: CAPS3 Carbon/SOtM USB/JRiver 20/Fidelizer/Uptone JS-2 power supply>Totaldac USB > Off Ramp5/Dynamo PS/Short Block via I2S > PS Audio Silver HDMI > W4S Dac2DSDse/femto upgrade > Triode Wire Labs IC > Bryston B100-SST > Kimber 8VS > B&W SCMS. (Triode Wire Labs power cables).

Hello everyone. First post by way of introduction. Enjoying the forum very much. Discovering the many possibilities from various topics and an abundance of posts and information.

Tonight, after a hard day, my wife and I both received massages accompanied by HDtrack Hi-Res downloads of Krause and Plant's Raising Sand and Paul's McCartney, Dr. John's Right Place Right Time and finally Elton's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. Massage for us is therapeutic and restorative. With Hi-Res accompaniment, it's especially great.

Reading all of the forum member's takes on the software of choice thread(s) and discovering the difference that makes the difference (discerning which program is perceived as the best or better and the criteria for such conclusion), I started with Pure Music with a little phone help from Rob being so new. Followed by Decibel, very straight forward and enjoyable. Yesterday, I bought Amarra v2.2 and so far find its quality highly enjoyable. The best so far. Sorry for the OT parts of my first post.

Best to all,

Richard

"What Love Is" was done in 2006. When I received my copy a year or two ago I searched the web for more CDs of hers and did not find any. I also didn't find any other information as to why.

RSB

Edit: I just searched the web again and erin is apparently doing to release a 2nd CD sometine in 2011.

The world is but one country, and mankind its citizens.

Living Room: Caps2/JRiver 19/Fidelizer > Wireworld Platinum USB > Calyx DAC/KingRex PSU > Kimber Heroes > Bryston BP-26/4B-SST > Kimber 8TC > B&W 802D.

Den: CAPS3 Carbon/SOtM USB/JRiver 20/Fidelizer/Uptone JS-2 power supply>Totaldac USB > Off Ramp5/Dynamo PS/Short Block via I2S > PS Audio Silver HDMI > W4S Dac2DSDse/femto upgrade > Triode Wire Labs IC > Bryston B100-SST > Kimber 8VS > B&W SCMS. (Triode Wire Labs power cables).

Holst's

The Planets

Zubin Mehta, XRCD rip,

A sonic blockbuster... Crank it up!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Le pas du chat noir, Anouar Brahem; totally great stuff for the evening (or anytime,:).

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

A regular in the CD player and now, on the server:

Jason Vitelli's "No Photographs".

Literate rock. (!)

Jason is a NY based singer/songwriter with a great voice and a gift for beautiful melodies in addition to wonderful arranging skills.

He recorded this himself and played almost all of the instruments.

He hired me to master this (no compression by the way) and as soon as I heard his music, I was hooked. Don't know how many times I've heard this album now but his talent still blows me away with every listen.

I'm amazed he hasn't been picked up by a major label yet but then again, I did say his music is literate. I asked him about doing a Soundkeeper project. He said yes.

Best regards,

Barry

www.soundkeeperrecordings.com

www.barrydiamentaudio.com

Greetings Barrows!

I've been curious about XRCDs. Do you have any XRCD titles in your collection with the same standard redbook release for comparison?

I've only bought a Blue-spec edition CD from Japan - "Head Hunters" by Herbie Hancock. I found the difference between it and my regular CD to be better but subtle. And then questioned the premium paid...

Looking forward to your input

driven | by sound - \"bats & audiophiles\"[br]

The XRCD 24s are generally very good, as long as you like the available titles to begin with. XRCD are re-masters, from the original analog tapes, and the remasters are very carefully prepared, with a minimum of steps, and using very, very good equipment. Then a limited number of CDs are pressed from each stamper.

Unlike SHM discs, or blue spec CDs, which are just a higher quality physical disc (and not re-masters), XRCDs have advantages that SHM and Blue Spec do not. This is even more apparent if one is ripping the disc for computer playback, if one rips correctly, a Blue Spec or SHM disc will make no difference (they only allow an easier read) in sonics (to the same title on regular CD), but an XRCD is a totally different thing, as it is re-mastered.

The same is true for Mobile Fidelity's Gold CDs and UHM-SACDs-like XRCD, these are also very carefully produced re-masters, and because of that they will have different (generally better) sonics thna other versions in the same format.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Now:

Artist: Joe Henry

Album: Murder of Crows

On deck:

Artist: John Phillips

Album: John the Wolfking of LA

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

Love the Piano as well; great choice for evening listening.

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

Our President was in town and driving into NYC tonight to pick up my wife at our office required me to spend as much time traveling 4 blocks in mid-Manhattan as it took to arrive from the suburbs. Our return to our home was swifter. On our return, we landed on Three Guitars with Larry Coryell, Badi Assad and John Abercrombie (HDtracks 24/96). An effective antidote to traffic jams and traffic route priorities for a President which makes traveling a nightmare soothed by the healing properties of three guitars.

It's about that time. Sweet dreams, all.

Best,

Richard