IGNORED

replaceing woofers

Hi,i have a pair of paradigm monitor 9's v 1.Three driver ,two way design.I think the bottom woofers need to be reconed.Im in the process of talking to paradigm about the cost of replacing the two woofers.My question is could someone replace the woofers with woofers from another speaker in the paradigm family that i see on ebay from time to time?Could a person even go to a different company for a woofer?I see a lot of small paradigm none powerd subs with the 8 in driver for sale.I wonder could i make that work for me?thanks

This can be complicated unless you get exactly the matching driver, same model number and, preferably, some assurance that the model parameters have remained unchanged since the original. Substituting an 8" for an 8", even from the same manufacturer, is no guarentee the specs will be the same. Quote the driver's serial number to the manufacturer. Otherwise you could be looking at a crossover redesign to get the whole system back up to the quality of the original.

Another route is to contact a major driver stockist (example, Wilmslow Audio in the UK, Madisound in the States). Their extensive experience of different drivers can sometimes enable them to suggest alternatives which work.

Thanks for the reply's.there is a company in canada called solen,i have been on their we site looking at a bucnh of different driver's and i will contact them on monday to see if they have a comparable match.I understand what you guy's are saying,i don't want to compromise any of the sound that these speakers produce.I am still waiting a reply from paradigm on a quote for the woofers,hopefully it wont be too much.Thanks again