IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

1 hour ago, ksalno said:

Kal, have you heard any SQ difference between a PS3 rip and an Oppo rip? I have my PS3 at my desktop workstation, so it is more convenient to use. My Oppo is in an equipment rack in another room but I'm willing to get a little exercise if there is a good reason :-)

I agree with Kal.  There is no rational explanation or any credible evidence that there should be any difference.  FWIW, anecdotally, there are no sonic quality differences I have heard either.  

I hate to say "bits is bits", but sometimes they just are, as in this case.  Noise or jitter, the only things that could possibly upset "bits is bits" during DtoA in playback, just does not apply to these all digital transfers.

I also find an Oppo 103 easier to use.  Having had a number of hot running, increasingly hard to get PS3's fail through use, I also expect the Oppo to last much longer.

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2014 at 7:54 AM, mark_chat said:

Dear all,

Firstly, my gratitute to the masters of this forum who helped me get my PS3 up and running effortlessly!

I am having one disc that is refusing to rip after over 70 successful sacd backups to iso.

I managed to buy a used copy of Beyonce Dangerously In Love SACD which has some light scratches but plays fine in my Oppo (multichannel and stereo).

I know the disc was pulled from production and could this be because of a mastering problem which is preventing sacd_ripper from doing it's thing?

Has anyone else managed to rip this SACD to iso, and if so, any tips for me.

Thanks again, in anticipation.

I found this in a google search because I had the same issue. I found the resolution in a user guide for the Sony BDS-S590 using Putty. I apologize if it's covered elsewhere in this thread, but here is how to fix it (you can leave out the .iso when typing in the new name as it's already added). Hope it helps in the off chance you still have the issue 3 years later...

image.thumb.png.bfc7817d0bdfe25af69c3e40d514435f.png

12 hours ago, vhrocks1 said:

I found this in a google search because I had the same issue. I found the resolution in a user guide for the Sony BDS-S590 using Putty. I apologize if it's covered elsewhere in this thread, but here is how to fix it (you can leave out the .iso when typing in the new name as it's already added). Hope it helps in the off chance you still have the issue 3 years later...

image.thumb.png.bfc7817d0bdfe25af69c3e40d514435f.png

You can find it on rutracker.org

It's been a while, but to follow up on PS3 people still using their PS3's to rip sacd's....

I am on the latest Rebug cfw 4.82.1.  I can confirm that the SACD ripper does work although buggy.

Meaning when you start the rip process, the sacd ripper does not show the progress bar and appears to hang.  I just let the ripping process do it's thing and return to my PS3 ~30 minutes later.  At that point I cannot quit sacd ripper, so I soft power off my PS3 holding down the power button on the front of the machine.  This does not corrupt PS3 system files. I rip ISO to USB and have never tried network ripping.  I will try that later.  

1 hour ago, quattroatl said:

It's been a while, but to follow up on PS3 people still using their PS3's to rip sacd's....

I am on the latest Rebug cfw 4.82.1.  I can confirm that the SACD ripper does work although buggy.

Meaning when you start the rip process, the sacd ripper does not show the progress bar and appears to hang.  I just let the ripping process do it's thing and return to my PS3 ~30 minutes later.  At that point I cannot quit sacd ripper, so I soft power off my PS3 holding down the power button on the front of the machine.  This does not corrupt PS3 system files. I rip ISO to USB and have never tried network ripping.  I will try that later.  

If you let Deank (multiman / webman etc dev) know he can fix it for you 

Or maybe joonie (rebug dev) can too 

• 2 months later...

I have purchased a PS3 (with FW 3.55) My PS3 works well and normally reads SACD, but if trying to rip  a SACD with SACD RIPPER it says - the PS3 will not recognize any SACDs put into it in SACD - ripper. "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert". Any ideas on what to do. Please help me. Thank you

6 hours ago, gio2k said:

I have purchased a PS3 (with FW 3.55) My PS3 works well and normally reads SACD, but if trying to rip  a SACD with SACD RIPPER it says - the PS3 will not recognize any SACDs put into it in SACD - ripper. "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert". Any ideas on what to do. Please help me. Thank you

I solved! The problem was SACD RIPPER which does not work properly. But by reading the old questions and answers, I found the solution. Thank you at all… we are great!?

IMG_2120.JPG

I've been trying to follow Ted's guide, but since my PS3 already has 3.55 I need to do the safe mode install, which I can't because my controller isn't recognized in safe mode (seems to be a common problem). 

But someone recently suggested the OtherOS isn't necessary. If not, then how do I proceed, because following Ted's guide to install the keys doesn't work since the PS3 doesn't show those under "Games/Unknown."

Any help would be appreciated.

So I used Rebug firmware and got the ripper to load. But now I can't get the Keys to load. Getting error. "An error occured udring the start operation (80010017)"

I guess now I'm screwed, since I can't go back to 3.55. Will the ripper not work with Rebug? I was under the impression it would.

Yes the latest version is signed ready to go

No need for the keys 

And yes you can easly go back to 3.55

Install rebug toolbox 

Go into the toolbox

Far right collum

Turn on qaflag

Then install a 999 downgrade firmware 

Rebug or Rogero

Then install 3.55 ofw from recovery menu

Also anyone on a downgradable console but is on official firmware can now use software to downgrade to 3.55 no more hardware downgrading 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I bought a PS3 cech04 a while ago on ebay that came with CFW 3.55 (OtherOS I believe) and SACD Ripper 0.37 installed already. I ripped just one SACD for testing and since have used it as a Player for CD, DVD and SACD and, after upgrading to REBUG 4.81, for BD. SACD Ripper didn't work anymore and I just recently reinstalled SACD Ripper 0.38 again.

Ripping works fine, but I get an error message 80029bc1 when trying to play the same SACD. What may be the cause of this? I googled only a few topics where the error was mentioned, twice in this thread, but none got any helpful response, if at all.

So has anyone come across this error or any advice?

18 hours ago, Tigerfox said:

Ciao,

Ho comprato una PS3 cech04 qualche tempo fa su ebay che è venuto con CFW 3.55 (OtherOS credo) e SACD Ripper 0.37 già installato. Ho strappato solo un SACD per il test e poiché ho usato come un lettore per CD, DVD e SACD e, dopo l'aggiornamento a Rebug 4,81, per BD. SACD Ripper non funziona più e solo recentemente ho reinstallato SACD Ripper 0.38 di nuovo.

Ripping funziona bene, ma ottengo un messaggio di errore 80029bc1 quando si cerca di riprodurre la stessa SACD. Che cosa può essere la causa di questo? Ho cercato su google solo alcuni argomenti in cui è stato menzionato l'errore, due volte in questa discussione, ma nessuno ottenuto alcuna risposta utile, se non del tutto.

Così qualcuno ha incontrato questo errore o di qualche consiglio?

Never update