IGNORED

Using Apple IR Remote for server control

I use an iPad to select music for listening--very cool and convenient. Skipping & pausing tracks, not so much, compared to a using regular IR remote sitting on the arm of my chair.

I discovered that the tiny white Apple IR remote works surprisingly well for this purpose. Select music via iPad, micro-control using the IR remote. I use Amarra.

However, the darned thing wakes up the display on my Mac whenever I use the IR remote! I don't appreciate the corner of my room suddenly being lighted by my Apple display. Apple's Cinema display doesn't have an off switch.

Any ideas of how to get around this? I know there are lots of hidden default switches available for controlling Mac OS and applications, but I am unfamiliar with one to disable the wake of the display by sending IR commands.

Clint

I'm so used to Mac laptops that I honestly don't remember if you can do this with the Cinema display, but I think you can. Should be done with the F1 key I think, and F2 will bring up the brightness.

Sorry if I am totally off base with that. No standalone Mac here to test that with.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein