IGNORED

Does anyone know of a remote control for windows 7 using JRiver?

I am running JRiver on a Windows 7 netbook. Until I get my Mac house in order, I would like to use a remote control that will operate JRiver. (I have seen some that purport to operate Windows Media Player.)

Unfortunately, I also have a phone that has a Windows-based operating system. Accordingly, an app that works on only Android or Mac and let's you use your phone as a remote, is not an option.

I am open to using hardware (a dedicated remote control) or software (for my Windows phone). Thanks so much.

Me

What you might be looking for is an app for controlling dlna devices.

J. River can be enabled as dlna device.

I am preparing a htpc controlled via PlugPlayer on an iPad to give you an idea.

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

I am using Windows 7 remote desktop on a headless music server from my laptop. It allows me to run the music as if I had a monitor, keyboard and mouse attached to the music server.

My wife has an iPhone and I will look at that in the future. Right now I can remote to the music server and take it over from any computer in my house.

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

When you take over the music server with remote desktop, you are working with the JRiver software just as you were directly on the computer so yes you are working directly with the JRiver software. You have to turn on remote desktop under the system folder as I don't think it is on by default.

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to use the devoted HP remote control for JRiver under W7 since few weeks (bought on JRiver). I've contacted JRiver and they tried hard to solve the problem without success (they are doing a great after sale job for their customer by the way).

USBCIR is automtically installed when the tranceiver is plugged, HID as well. The remote is sending a signal since the tranceiver is blinking (JRiver even replaced the tranceiver/remote by a brand new one). But it is impossible to control JRiver. Does anyone of you already fought with his remote?

Bel Canto CD2 > Bel Canto DAC 1.5 > Bel Canto Ref500s > ATC SCM 20 SL

Windows 7 > JRiver MC 17

Yes, perfectly.

I would like to control JRiver on my PC (a netbook connected to my DAC via USB and therefore can not be moved!!!) with a remote (IR is not working even with the help of Jim H.). This remote could be a tablet/phone using android.

The question is: is it possible to do it via bluetooth instead of WiFi? Do both Gizmo(tablet)/JRiver(PC) communicate via bluetooth?

Bel Canto CD2 > Bel Canto DAC 1.5 > Bel Canto Ref500s > ATC SCM 20 SL

Windows 7 > JRiver MC 17

I am running JRiver on a Windows 7 netbook. Until I get my Mac house in order, I would like to use a remote control that will operate JRiver. (I have seen some that purport to operate Windows Media Player.)

Unfortunately, I also have a phone that has a Windows-based operating system.

I am open to using hardware (a dedicated remote control) or software (for my Windows phone). Thanks so much.

If you are running Windows Phone 7.x, try http://sinnema.ch/?p=98 or look up MCRemote in the Windows App Store. Works great for me. Cheers!