IGNORED

Speaker isolation

I have a pair of speakers on my desk which are placed on desktop stands that aren't doing a good job. Any advice on how best to isolate the speakers from the desk? Any experience with Auralex products as I am considering purchasing their Monitor Isolation Pads. Thanks, Miguel

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

I use their SpeakerDudes which are a one-piece design per speaker as opposed to the 2-piece MoPads. There is a definite decrease in vibration transmission to the desk down to @ 100Hz though some vibration can still be felt.

The angling of the monitors is another nice feature in addition to the isolation improvement. The SpeakerDudes do differ from the MoPads however in that they do not come with inserts to allow for level positioning of the monitors. Your only option with the SpeakerDudes are raked forward (shooting down) or raked back (shooting up).

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

One of the simplest things I have ever used and found beneficial is strips of bluetak on the base of the stand. It holds the speaker secure and does a decent job of isolation and all for $9.95 at your local hardware.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa