IGNORED

Apple Remote App Problems

Eh? Would you be so kind as to expand on the incorrect behavior you are seeing?

Since the upgrade to iTunes 10.2.1, I have been plauged by selecting an artist from the remote display, and instead of getting back the albums the artist is present on, getting back the entire list of albums on the iTunes server, curse it all!

I have been wondering if it is the Mac Mini serving the the music having a problem, but I hope not. I might have to bring up the backup server, which is a monster of a PC, but unfortunately, also runs Windows.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

the apple remote app will freeze, not let you tap to other screens or select other music. this only started when I stupidly downloaded the update published late december 2010. I just wondered if there was another Itouch app out there that could be used.

MacMini I5 server, Audirvana, SET Integrated Amp with VonSchweikert db99 loudspeakers

Try deleting the app from your iPhone and reinstalling it. I bet this fixes the problem :)

Dave

Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 22 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable

I rarely use the select-by-artist feature, so I don't know when this problem was introduced. However, I have found a correlation between the string containing the artist name and the problem. In particular, an artist name with a ":" in the string will cause all albums to display instead of the list of albums associated with the artist. I hope that Apple would fix this eventually.

Hi All,

I've been having the same problem since update. An artist with ":" or even "-" in the name won't display associated artist info. Instead it will display all albums in my collection.

Hope it'll be fixed soon cause I use artist name a lot.

Jay

Jay

Raised on TV.

No. My wife got me that CD in 1997 and pointed out recently that I hadn't taken it out of the wrapper. So I did. I guess it didn't age well. I have no idea why she thougt I would like it. The closest I have ever come to Country and Western is Bluegrass.

"Yup. We listen to both types of music 'round here: Country and Western."