IGNORED

Joseph Audio Pulsar

I've made friends with a local dealer, Jeff Fox of Command Performance A/V. As evidence of poor Jeff having clearly lost his mind completely, he's allowed me some serious (and unmediated!) access to his $100k+ worth of gear. It's insane. Obviously, I'm taking advantage of him and just crossing my fingers he doesn't snap out of the Jedi Mind Trick any time soon.

Anyway, as a result, I've gotten to spend a crazy amount of time with some gear that I've not been familiar with, including the newest speakers from Joseph Audio, the Pulsar.

Steven Stone of TAS recently wrote these speakers up and got rather effusive about that experience. It made me curious, so I gave them a hard look too, and came away impressed as well.

Audiograb! -- Joseph Audio Pulsar Loundspeakers

At $7k a pair, they're in no way budget speakers, but should a prospective shopper find that sticker failing to shock, then I can't recommend strongly enough that you seriously consider arranging an audition before choosing something else.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. One of my top 3 discoveries at RMAF this year. Simply amazing (I could add 'for bookshelves', but actually, even compared to floor standers et al.).

Of course the ancillary equipment needs be on par.

PS Audio DirectStream DSD Bridge -> Classe CA-2200 - >B&W 803-D2, Nordost Tyr cabled. Synology NAS, MinimServer, BubbleDS.