IGNORED

Speakers for Kingrex T20U Amp

Hi, new member here. I've looked around a lot and finally decided to join today haha.

Anyways, I recently got the Kingrex T20U Amp and was hoping for some speaker recommendations. My budget is $300, so somewhere around there would be ideal. The speakers I'm using now are Samson StudioDock 4i and I'm hoping for something better than that.

I'm looking at the ALO Panda speakers right now, and also the Audioengine A5 and P4 speakers.

Can anyone give me any other suggestions?

EDIT: Also, the speakers will not have the perfect placement, as the left speaker will only have about 3" from the side wall, and 3" in the back. The right speaker will have a lot of room on the side, and about 5" in the back. I will usually be about 2-3 feet from speakers.

Thanks

The Audioengine A5 should be removed from your list (it's a powered speaker!) but much depends on the size of your listening space.

The T20U doesn't deliver much power, so if you need something more than near-field (ie, to fill a room), you should only consider sensitive (ideally large) transducers.

We've been hunting high and low for something circa 90dB responsive in a small box, but it's a big ask. The MS Audio MB1 looks interesting, and there are some handily sensitive little speakers from Klipsch that go nicely with the T20U, but if you have space, they work well with large full range drivers in roomy cabinets.

Thanks for the response.

These speakers will be used for near-field listening only, thus the low powered amp. Which model from Klipsch would you recommend? I took a look at the MS Audio MB1's, but they seem to be a bit out of my price range at about 450 dollars.

Also, my Samson StudioDock 4i right now are active speakers, plugged in directly to my PC, but they also have the red and white audio inputs. Is it possible to power these speakers with the T20U?

I was also looking at the Swan M10, would those be a good choice to be paired with the T20U?

Thanks

"Also, my Samson StudioDock 4i right now are active speakers, plugged in directly to my PC, but they also have the red and white audio inputs. Is it possible to power these speakers with the T20U?"

It looks like you're using the USB input right now, which does use the amp-portion of these active speakers.

The red/white RCA connections on the back are for a line-level input, something a pre-amp or DAC could put out. Your T20U has no role in this set-up, since it is an amplifier. As far as I can tell, there is no way to use the T20U with these powered/active speakers.

1) Asus netbook/XP > decco integrated > audiodata 88 dB @1W/1m, 8 Ohm loudspeakers[br]2) Rega Planet or Asus desktop/XP > Rega IO > Mapleshade-modded Heathkit SA-2 (2x EL84/ch) > audiodata 90 dB @1W/1m, 4 Ohm loudspeakers