IGNORED

Trouble converting PCM to DSD in JRiver

zonka

I may be missing some settings but I keep getting the error that the file can't be played back with the current settings.  I know my DAC can handle up and through DSD 512 (Gustard X22).  I am using an i7 Broadwell cpu (16 gb ram) so I figured it had enough power for the conversion.  I have JRiver set to Bitstream "Yes" but no PCM to DSD playback options work.  I am using XMOS ASIO player that should support it (as mentioned prior).
Are there other settings I need to adjust?
Thanks for any help someone might be able to offer.

50 minutes ago, zonka said:

Trying native dad. I forget the exact message, but the generic error that the chosen output isnt possible and to choose another.

Thanks for taking the time to reply:)

Auto-correct got me - obviously, I meant native dsd:)

Anyone else have some tips or settings I should try?

Thanks

I probably should have described my setup in case that is causing the problem.
I have one instance of JRiver on my main computer in another room running as the server. I have another running as a client via ethernet at my stereo setup connected to my DAC (I'm using a mini pc with the i7 processor). This is where I'm having the trouble. 
So I'm wondering if there are any specific settings I may need on my server side version, feeding my client?

I gave tried all the DSD options with the same message.

Note that I have v23...

Verify that JRiver can convert to DSD512 on the fly...I seem to recall I have tried but could not get past DSD256.  To listen @ DSD512 I converted offline.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers