IGNORED

FS: Fully upgraded SOtM SMS-200ultra SE Evox, tx-USBultra SE Evox, SPS-500 Evox

For sale is a SOtM "Trifecta" of SMS-200ultra Special Edition, tx-USBultra Special Edition and SPS-500 PSU.

Included is a D-Link 5 port switch modified by SOtM with upgraded caps and components, which uses a clock output from the SMS-200ultra.

These have taken my system to the best it's ever sounded. I am sadly selling to fund some unexpected non-audio related costs.
These are about 1 year old - I am the original owner, purchased directly from authorized SOtM dealer Crux Audio. Condition is conservatively a 9/10 - they've been only installed in one place on my audio rack and never moved aside from one trip back to Korea for upgrades (see below), with a total of maybe at most 10 plug/unplug cycles. Rock solid reliability and stellar reviews throughout the web!

Reviews:

Additionally, all three units have been fully upgraded at SOtM Korea a few months ago for substantial additional cost, with details below:

SMS-200ultra Special Edition - originally purchased as Special Edition unit (9V power setting)
- included modified Ethernet switch using onboard SCLK board with clock wire (5V power)
- upgraded silver internal wiring (+$180)
- eABS-200 EMI absorption material (+$20)
-  further upgraded to the latest Evox capacitors which was recommended by May Park over the Neo capacitor.(+$100)
Retail $1,500 (streamer + switch) + $300 (SE and Evox upgrades) = $1,800
Asking $1250.

tx-USBultra (9V power setting):
- upgraded silver internal wiring  (+$150)
- upgraded eABS-200 EMI absorption material (+$20)
- upgraded Evox capacitors (+$100)
Retail $1270 (identical to a "Special Edition" tx-USBultra).
Asking $900.

SPS-500
- upgraded eABS-200 EMI absorption material (+$20)
- upgraded Evox capacitors (+$100)
**Included with the SPS-500 is a 30cm 7N UPOCC copper Y DC power cable (+$300)
Retail $500 + $420 upgrades = $900
Asking $650.

Total = $3970 retail. Asking $2600 as a bundle, with individual prices as above. Shipping and Paypal fees (if any) are the buyer's responsibility.

The upgrades a few months ago took the trifecta up another notch which I did not think possible. This brought up even more detail and realism in the sonic picture, with some improvements in midbass and soundstaging as well! All original packaging, boxes and accessories included.

Serial numbers available on request to confirm with SOtM regarding update status, if desired. I'm located in Maine, with local pickup welcome!

_DSC6877-1.jpg

_DSC6880-1.jpg

_DSC6889-1.jpg

SOTM cable_sm.jpg