IGNORED

losing my mind!

So I guess im new to the computer audiophile world. I thought I knew about computer audio until this forum. I want to upgrade my USB audio signal to my OPPO UDP-205. Is going the network route or USB be better? I have to say that my setup to me sounds amazing... So I would be surprised if it can get better. I read into JCAT USB card, JCAT Isolator, SOTM tX-USB PCI-E, SOTM SMS, sotm sms-200, microrendu, etc. I dont want or need a server, but if thats the better route then I will pursue it. Is getting a better straight USB connection good enough or better? Somebody please give a good direction! For some reason I also installed Fidelizer Pro and it made my sound worse or barely noticeable. If one were to buy a setup in a certain order, what would it be? meaning... what would you buy first and then after that, etc? 

it appears you have been browsing forum posts - always a dangerous idea

w/o knowing exactly what the internal circuitry of the 206 does, it is impossible to determine if USB or network (Ethernet) would be better - I might bet on Ethernet tho as it appears likely that EMF noise can be carried along on the USB wires to the DAC (opto-isolators solve that problem, but may or may not be built into the 205).  Schiit makes the Eitr ot solve this problem and others make similar devices.

you will have to actually listen!!

but if you are already using the SOTm / -rendu items, there should be no problem

Buy a better DAC; buy better speakers; do some room tmts.; search out better masterings; or just knock down some Langevuliin while listening