IGNORED

Qobuz Chromecast Audio and Bubble Upnp Limited to 16 bits

Hi everyone,

I've just setup Chromecast Audio to stream Hi Res music from Qobuz using the Bubble Upnp app on my Android tablet. I've selected a track which is 96 kHz and 24 bit. When I play the track the info displays 96 kHz but only 16 bit. I can't get Bubble Upnp to stream at 24 bit. If I change to 'local renderer' in Bubble Upnp track changes to 24 bit. As soon as I select the Chromecast Audio it changes back to 16 bit. I have the 'full dynamic range' setting turned on in the CCA settings.

I'd appreciate any help on how I can fix this issue.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Just did a quick search for this on the official BubbleUPnP help/support webpages (a thread on the XDA-Developers forums) and it's already been reported. The issue is merely visual and will be fixed on the BubbleUPnP Android app's next update, apparently:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=77921947#post77921947

BTW, @bubbleguuum does occasionally post on Computer Audiophile, but for these sorts of problems it's always best to go to the official BubbleUPnP thread first - the support is excellent.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

10 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Hi Andy,

Just did a quick search for this on the official BubbleUPnP help/support webpages (a thread on the XDA-Developers forums) and it's already been reported. The issue is merely visual and will be fixed on the BubbleUPnP Android app's next update, apparently:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=77921947#post77921947

BTW, @bubbleguuum does occasionally post on Computer Audiophile, but for these sorts of problems it's always best to go to the official BubbleUPnP thread first - the support is excellent.

John

Ah ok great to know it's only visual as Bubble Upnp is excellent. Thanks for the link to the support thread too.