IGNORED

Civility and its educated despisers...

crenca

41 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

The world is not over.  Plastic is good for bacteria.  Termites profit from deforestation.

Only the world that is good for humans is over.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/07/science/climate-change-mass-extinction.html

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

12 hours ago, Ajax said:

Hi George,

I’ve learnt a lot from your posts over the years, they are usually informative and entertaining, so thanks for that. 

However, I disagree with you that posters are anonymous on the internet, especially on forums such as CA. 

I for one am careful about what I say (write), especially when giving advice as my “reputation” at CA is important to me. Why? Because I want to be able to give and receive knowledge and I believe people are much more likely to listen to you, and help you, if they like and respect you.

There are about a dozen or so contributors here that I have grown to “trust”.

All the best,

Ajax

Obviously a forum like this, which is more like a "community" is the exception, but there are more anonymous forums on line than this one. It was those to which I was referring. I used to contribute to a high-end audio forum on Usenet where people used to call each other terrible things. Everybody used a "nom-de-plumme" (or in that case a "nom-de- garre" was more like it) and it was a most unpleasant environment. Needless to say, I didn't linger there for long.

George

Hi George

You obviously meant " nom de guerre"

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

getting back to the OT, I would not expect much civility from cockroaches

66a07339a88bebc37e7d28f63dbf56b5.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

On 12/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, wgscott said:

You left out all the wacko right-wing conspiracy theory ranting and raving, including how evil cabals of academic scientists are suppressing discussion of climate science hoaxes, intelligent design, and Hillary Clinton-mediated pizza parlor child sex slavery. Did you not even read his link?  That just shows you are in lockstep with the left-wing pizza-loving fascists.

Fascists are right-wing. You lefties are Commies and Pizza loving is non-political! :)

George

17 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I ain't no Froggie, that's for sure! Thanks for the correction. 

Hi George

Neither am I, but I surprisingly remembered this from High School about 65 years ago.

Regards

Alex

22 hours ago, sandyk said:

Hi George

Neither am I, but I surprisingly remembered this from High School about 65 years ago.

Regards

Alex

I took Latin and Italian in high school, not French. Was no good at either! Some people have a knack for languages, I certainly do not. But, when I used to go to Italy every year for three or four weeks at a time on vacation, I was surprised at how much of the language that I could dredge up from the cobweb-filled corners of my brain! Quite remarkable, actually.  

George

39 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

check this one out instead:

frog girls.jpg

cool, but kinda creepy at the same time....like those two little chinese contortionist girls I saw at at cirque du soleil.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!