IGNORED

Civility and its educated despisers...

crenca

3 minutes ago, Blake said:

Ha, slow day here at CA :)

This thread will end badly, but what else are we going to discuss?  Perhaps it is time for a good old-fashioned cable fight?  I can never get enough of those!

Sooo.......what $1K plus strands of 60 cent copper do you advocate?  ?

https://nordost.com/industry_advocates.php  

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

6 minutes ago, crenca said:

The first says he does not even know what the subject is about, 

Ah, you misunderstood me. I said very often I don't know why you're carrying on, not that I don't know the thread's about civility.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 minutes ago, crenca said:

Sooo.......what $1K plus strands of 60 cent copper do you advocate?  ?

I've been thinking of changing my forum member title from "Senior Member" to "I Heart Kables".

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Ah, you misunderstood me. I said very often I don't know why you're carrying on, not that I don't know the thread's about civility.

I know, but such an understanding did not fit my pithy little summation, so I took a bit of liberty with the truth...was that uncivil of me?  ?

Civility denotes a basic respect hopefully when both parties act so, regardless of view point. Just the written word and its personal meaning causes outrage over the most minor context. Thank god millennials have emojis or it would be world war 3 before i retire in 20 years.

The internet is like 3 beers and your friends in a pub. Puffed up and no consequences for your actions. Even enemies can have some mutal respect, under pinned by basic civility.

Forbidden planet is a very good allegorical example..

Mobius:  you

Internet: the Krell learning machine

ID: the subconscious monster thats allowed to run rampant in posts.

Easy to take the OP as a troll, as this is a perfect hand grenade to get the usual suspects going but thats besides the point. Civility is an offered hand, thats pride in oneself..

46 minutes ago, wgscott said:

.....scientists are suppressing discussion of climate science hoaxes, intelligent design, and Hillary Clinton-mediated pizza parlor child sex slavery. Did you not even read his link?  That just shows you are in lockstep with the left-wing pizza-loving fascists.

I have always imagined Crency in his MAGA hat, shotgun on his lap, out on his porch rocking back and forth in his chair but happily well behind the trip wire searching endlessly into the dry Arizona mesa for any sign of the migrant caravan soon to be coming his way.  ?

6 minutes ago, wdw said:

I have always imagined Crency in his MAGA hat, shotgun on his lap, out on his porch slightly rocking in his chair but happily well behind the trip wire searching endlessly into the dry Arizona mesa for any sign of the migrant caravan coming our way.  ?

?

I actually am into the shooting sports, and while I own shotguns "assault rifles" are more my thang (better range, hold more ammo, though less reliable, etc.)!  I don't own a MAGA hat, though I think wearing one would be fun to say the least.  Living close to the border, I am struck by the simplifications and manipulations that take place around this issue on the national (media) scene by both political parties.  Rockers are not very comfortable...can it be one of those new fancy outdoor chairs that rock, and real padding, and at least one cup holder for my beer?

27 minutes ago, wdw said:

I have always imagined Crency in his MAGA hat, shotgun on his lap, out on his porch rocking back and forth in his chair but happily well behind the trip wire searching endlessly into the dry Arizona mesa for any sign of the migrant caravan soon to be coming his way.  ?

This is probably the best I will see of this day (at 3:40 am): 

If you only grasp that this is an advertisement of Aliexpress ...

MAGA01.thumb.png.37cad0e25df322ee2916217ede0369f8.png

Don't try to translate that machine translated Chinese to Dutch.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

32 minutes ago, wdw said:

If Trump contracted the wall construction out to the Chinese it could even be completed before the caravans arrive ! 9_9

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, wgscott said:

You left out all the wacko right-wing conspiracy theory ranting and raving, including how evil cabals of academic scientists are suppressing discussion of climate science hoaxes, intelligent design, and Hillary Clinton-mediated pizza parlor child sex slavery. Did you not even read his link?  That just shows you are in lockstep with the left-wing pizza-loving fascists.

I wonder what brand USB cable was used on Hillary's email server and did it also serve music while she did her evil email thing? If she had used an LPS on the server would it have smoothed the bits enough foreign powers couldn't have located them?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

15 minutes ago, mansr said:

The Great Anti-Science Thread, for one.

You can call it the GAS thread for short and have fun with that if you like.  Anyone is perfectly free as an OP to call for an objective measurement and blind test only thread, too.  Just like the MOPAR club can have a meeting and the Chevy short block folks can have their own.  Let a million threads bloom, to quote a famous fellow from that MAGA hat manufacturing nation.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I think that then people come together, no matter if it’s physically or on an internet forum like this we will always “create” some social norms and roles. Norms and roles as to how to behave and to what is acceptable to say and what’s not, and in what manner. Most of those norms and (forum) roles are not ever written down and can change over time, and even from thread to thread. I have worked on places that have had a raw - but hearty tone, and also worked at other places that can be less raw or blunt, but also not as hearty. I prefer the first kind of culture personally, BUT only as long as it done in and with the right spirit.

I believe all communities need some norms and roles when people from different cultures and backgrounds come together, so the question is which level of civility is good for discussing audio, politic, religion and so on. IME which forum or which thread we will join will depend not only on the topics discussed, but also the level of civility. Some want a bit more civility than others and seek forums that match there preference. My firm belief is that most can take a bit of a rawer tone and acutely like high ceilings if they believe it is made with a hearty intent. If the intention is not clear the level of civility often need to increase to prevent people from “taking it the wrong way”.  

My two cents

31 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

The world is not over.  Plastic is good for bacteria.  Termites profit from deforestation.

Only the world that is good for humans is over.  

Good point,  I should have stated the world is over for us.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law