IGNORED

Player cannot play the disk I burned

Homaery

14 hours ago, Homaery said:

I burned 27 songs on a DVD,(external DVD burner borrowed from a classmate ),but the DVD player can not play this disk ,

I tried burning 5 songs, but still got the same error,does anyone here know a correct way for burning it or burner ?

What type of files did you burn to the DVD ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

24 minutes ago, Homaery said:

It is .iso file.

What was the content of the .iso file ? Was it a clone of a CD , or were they perhaps .mpeg2 music videos for example ? Did you try extracting the files from the DVD back to the computer ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 12/11/2018 at 5:59 PM, sandyk said:

What was the content of the .iso file ? Was it a clone of a CD , or were they perhaps .mpeg2 music videos for example ? Did you try extracting the files from the DVD back to the computer ?

A clone of music.

And i didn't do that .

This can be due to the intensity of the DVD writer, and the sensitivity of the DVD disc itself.

My wife is still making use of an analog Harddisc recorder, copying some recorded content to DVD.

We have to trow away up to 25% of the discs, because they cannot be read, giving exactly the same error message.

So, my advice, try first another DVD disc, if possible, use a rewritable disc.

This has 2 advantage :

1) apparently they need less power to be written (can't proff that, but never experienced a bad disc with RW)

2) if it still does not work, you did not waste a DVD-R disc.

Another thing to check is the type of Disc you use.

Computers like DVD+R, traditional DVD-players like DVD-R (although in most cases, bith types should work).

If it still does not work, try to use another DVD-writer (or other computer)

Dirk

In order to assess the issue more in depth, it might be crucial to know the following:

• When you say you "Burned iso to a DVD ,but the player said "Nothing was found"", that means you burned the contents of the iso file to that DVD or the iso file as a separate file?
  • What format is the original DVD? AudioDVD? Standard Video-DVD? Does it contain just sound or video too? If you insert the original to your PC, what do you see as the content?
  • What tools did you use to burn that disk?
  • What brand is the disc you used?
On 12/12/2018 at 10:41 PM, ddetaey said:

This can be due to the intensity of the DVD writer, and the sensitivity of the DVD disc itself.

My wife is still making use of an analog Harddisc recorder, copying some recorded content to DVD.

We have to trow away up to 25% of the discs, because they cannot be read, giving exactly the same error message.

So, my advice, try first another DVD disc, if possible, use a rewritable disc.

This has 2 advantage :

1) apparently they need less power to be written (can't proff that, but never experienced a bad disc with RW)

2) if it still does not work, you did not waste a DVD-R disc.

Another thing to check is the type of Disc you use.

Computers like DVD+R, traditional DVD-players like DVD-R (although in most cases, bith types should work).

If it still does not work, try to use another DVD-writer (or other computer)

Dirk

Thank you.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:29 PM, iaval said:

In order to assess the issue more in depth, it might be crucial to know the following:

• When you say you "Burned iso to a DVD ,but the player said "Nothing was found"", that means you burned the contents of the iso file to that DVD or the iso file as a separate file?
  • What format is the original DVD? AudioDVD? Standard Video-DVD? Does it contain just sound or video too? If you insert the original to your PC, what do you see as the content?
  • What tools did you use to burn that disk?
  • What brand is the disc you used?

I did burn the.iso file to that DVD,it is a standard video-DVD (New) and there's nothing on it, i used the Free ISO Burner.

The burn needs to be of an image...if all you did was burn an ISO file (xxxx.iso) then it most likely will not play (some devices can play iso files). 

Use imgburn and burn the image.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

First off do you know that the DVD player will play original audio CDs? If not then you have a different problem.?

An ISO image is a 'bit-for-bit' copy of the data on the source disk. It is possible to create an ISO from any prerecorded disk; CD or DVD.

If the ISO was originally created from an audio CD then I don't think you will be able to play it on a DVD player unless you write it back to a CD, and even then only if the player can handle CDs as well as DVDs.

The internal formats of  CD and DVD are very different and a dvd player won't 'expect' to find audio CD format data on a DVD .

Even if you have a 'multi-player'  the only way I could see of doing what you want is to 'open' the ISO file on a PC, then convert the 27 tracks to WAV or FLAC format and then copy those files onto a DVD.

If you can give us a bit more info about the original source of the ISO, and the equipment you're trying to play it on, you will, I'm sure, get a lot more helpful replies.

17 hours ago, Poujer said:

First ,you need to find out what causes the problem,you need to nake sure that there is something wrong with the method of burning or player again.

I am going to try other burners , like the rufus and imgburn (Even i have never used them)........