IGNORED

Clicks, pops and lag - Loopback > AU Lab > EQ plugin

Jas0_0

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me.  I'm using Rogue Amoeba's Loopback into AU Lab with DDMF's IIEQPro PEQ Audio Units plugin to DSP my Mac system audio.  After about an hour of playing internet streams, films (on VLC) or TV, I start getting audio clicks and dropouts to the point where it becomes unlistenable.  The audio and video also go out of sync when watching films/TV.

I suffered the same problem with Soundflower and forum advice suggested Loopback fixed the problem, but sadly this doesn't seem to be the case.

For locally stored music and Tidal I use Audirvana+ with IIEQPro and this setup works without issues for hours.  

I run an iMac (3.4GHz i7, 16GB RAM) with Mojave into a Chord 2Qute via USB.

Is there anything you can suggest?  Thanks in advance.

J

• 2 weeks later...

The Rogue Amoeba product you need to capture system audio, host AU plugins, and output to your DAC is Audio Hijack, which is half the price of Loopback.  You probably overlooked Audio Hijack because Rogue Amoeba promotes it primarily for recording.  

For the purpose your described, you don’t need to create a virtual audio device per Loopback, Soundflower or Jack.

Perhaps Rogue Amoeba will give you a refund for the difference between Loopback and Audio Hijack.  (They're offering 18% off in December.)

Altho AU Lab has been used by a few CA members, I find it to be too fragile.  It's several years old.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

On 12/21/2018 at 1:06 PM, Bob Stern said:

The Rogue Amoeba product you need to capture system audio, host AU plugins, and output to your DAC is Audio Hijack, which is half the price of Loopback.  You probably overlooked Audio Hijack because Rogue Amoeba promotes it primarily for recording.  

For the purpose your described, you don’t need to create a virtual audio device per Loopback, Soundflower or Jack.

Perhaps Rogue Amoeba will give you a refund for the difference between Loopback and Audio Hijack.  (They're offering 18% off in December.)

Altho AU Lab has been used by a few CA members, I find it to be too fragile.  It's several years old.

Bob many thanks - I will get in touch with Rogue Amoeba as you suggest