IGNORED

The Linear Solution Network Streamer

I have the good fortune of owning one of the linear solution's OCXO network switches. I found it to be a great benefit to all playback from my NAS through streaming services such as Tidal and Qobuz.  Living in Seattle I was lucky enough to have Adrian come by and install his Network Streamer (endpoint) in my system today. I'm currently running a complete Mojo Audio digital front end. I have the Deja Vu server and Mystique V3 DAC.  Together those two devices bring a very satisfying, high level of playback. The background is very black and music flows forth from them. The soundstage is wide and deep. The base to the treble are all complete and full. I did not have high hopes for a network streamer to improve upon the already stellar performance from those two pieces. Of course Adrian makes fine products and it did just that. Even plugged into my audio power strip via the included wall wart, the sound was more accurate clear and precise.  There was a noticeable snap to the role of drums and ride cymbals have a more natural shimmer and separation from other sounds in the playback.  Voices are more defined.  You can better hear the subtle vocal inflections telling you the artist is putting there soul Into the song. 

If you're seeking the highest performance out of your digital system this should be something to consider.  If you already have a DAC with a Roon network streamer built-in, this may not be a benefit to you. MSB Select owners, you're okay as is. Others such as myself using a high-quality server feeding a DAC may find this bringing an extra level of performance you might desire.  

Adrian did not bring his Linear PS along.  He wants people to hear the performance as a stand-alone piece of equipment with the included wall wart. It will achieve improved sound quality with a better power supply he says. I was pretty impressed with what it did with a wall wart. Something devices such as Ultra Rendu don't seem to achieve configured as such. 

I am partial to Adrian's work for a good reason.  It performes.  I give this Network Streamer my praise.  I am on the waiting list to receive one when the next batch is available.  

I should note all playback was 16/44.1 files I ripped from CD to my NAS with DBPoweramp.  I know he said the streamer will play 24/192.  I don't know if it plays higher or DSD.  

Owe yea, I had to wire this back to my router with an off the shelf Amazon cat 6 cable that normally feeds my Roku.  Adding a Blue Jeans cable such as the ones that laces all my other audio gear should help the performance that much more.