IGNORED

Speaker Box

lukagabrijela

Question

Hello,I am building a portable speaker, and a bigger one.
However, I am also facing a lot of trouble and one of them is a speaker box and I need your help here.
As for the speaker specification:

Battery: 260Wh Amplifier: 2x50W + 100W (SUB) However, this is not RMS it is PEAK
Speakers: 2 two-way 2x50WRMS speakers (tweeters and MAIN) + SUBs type 80WRMS (There will be 2 speakers without magnets on the side 
of the box as passive radiators like JBL BOOMBOX)
As far as the box is concerned, I thought it to be an 8edge CYLINDER that would be 80cm in width 25cm in height and 35cm in depth.

The layout of everything would be:

A: On the upper side as shown in the picture, there would be a 20cm Bass Speaker to beat up 
C= On the side as it can be noticed there are two 16.5cm speakers + 2 tweeters on their side
B: There will be control panels on the edge (BASS, TREBLE, MID, VOLTAGE, AMPERAGE, VU METER SO ON AND SO ON)
D= PASSIVE RADIATORS will be on the side of the box

The speaker would wear a belt as a sports bag and the weight of the parts would be 5 kilograms and now the question is how heavy 
a box would be in your opinion.

So what worries me is how to lower the loss of quality of sound with this box, which material would be adequate and what thickness 
of the material so that the speaker does not exceed the weight of 10 kilograms.

Among other things, I would put an acoustic wool, but I'm concerned about the effect of SPONTANEOUS SYNCHRONIZATION 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T58lGKREubo) which would surely affect the sound, but I do not know how much it would take an effect?

KUTIJA.PNG

1 answer to this question

Building a loudspeaker is not just about mounting drivers into a box. Crossover design is complex. Bass and midrange drivers need to be in separate enclosures, or the larger driver will pump the smaller. A woofer needs a particular size of box to achieve the desired frequency response and a passive radiator needs to match precisely, otherwise you end up with a big mess. There are computer programs available to model this. WinISD is highly thought of and easy to use. http://www.linearteam.org/

You'll need to learn the basics before anyone can even start to help you. As it stands, your project has no chance of sounding good. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.