IGNORED

Lyn Stanley's London Calling Album - Early Release Next Week at NativeDSD Music

Vocalist Lyn Stanley's next album London Calling: A Toast to Julie London is arriving next week in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128 and DSD 64 at Native DSD Music - ahead of the release date for the other editions of the album. Destined to be another audiophile favorite.

A Very Special Announcement: Lyn Stanley's London Calling Arrives on Nov. 30

Next week Native DSD Music will be releasing the new album from sultry Jazz Singer Lyn Stanley – "London Calling: A Toast to Julie London" in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128 and DSD 64.  It will include 17 tracks including a bonus track featuring Lyn's recording of the classic "I Heard It Through The Grapevine."

London Calling will be an Exclusive Early Release at NativeDSD, ahead of all other editions of the album.  Those formats (both digital and physical) will be released later this year and next year.  

London Calling features a stellar line-up of Studio Musicians, Recording Engineers and of course, Lyn Stanley.  This includes John Chiodini (guitar and featured artist), Mike Garson (piano), Christian Jacob (piano), Chuck Berghofer (bass), Mike Valerio (bass), Paul Kreibich (drums), Aaron Serfaty (drums and percussion), Luis Conte (percussion), Brad Dutz (percussion) and Lyn Stanley (vocals). 

Recording credits include Producer: Lyn Stanley, Associate Producer:  John Chodini, Recording Engineers: Steve Genewick, Roubie Kapoor, and Spencer Garcia, Mixing Engineer: Alan Sides and Mastering Engineer: Bernie Grundman.  

NativeDSD will offer the album in Stereo DSD 64 and DSD 128 – mastered by Bernie Grundman.  In addition, we will have a Stereo DSD 256 edition of the album – only available from Native DSD.  NativeDSD Mastering Engineer Tom Caulfield created the DSD256 edition, which has already received early rave reviews from two industry insiders who were given an early preview of the DSD 256 edition:

"Listening to the tracks now. Love her singing and the sound!" - Lee Scoggins, Part-Time Audiophile

"OUTSTANDING recording, well miked and mixed. Awesome imaging." - Andreas Koch, Playback Designs, AK Designs and a developer of the Sonoma DSD Workstation for Sony.

We invite you to watch the Making Of 'London Calling' video now to get a sneak peak – and listen – as you warm up for next week’s release. Lyn's first three DSD releases all hit the Top 20 DSD Best Sellers List.  After hearing London Calling, I think we can all agree, Lyn will be back on the Top 20 List very soon!

https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3105-the-moonlight-sessions-volume-one
https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3106-the-moonlight-sessions-volume-two
https://atmusic.nativedsd.com/albums/3104-interludes

16 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

I would rather listen to Julie London. A much better singer than Ms. Stanley imho. 

I'm quite sure that Ms Stanley would not disagree with you, but that hardly makes it necessary to be so unkind to a talented singer who has really contributed a great deal to audiophiles worldwide She does everything possible to help to create the finest quality recordings of her releases, she also routinely makes personal visits to shows like AXPONA,  RMAF and Munich. In 2017, at Axpona she even brought the, literally just completed,  lacquer master of her new album, and played it on the incredible Von Schweikert Million Dollar+ system. I was fortunate enough to hear that played, and it might well have been the finest vinyl, sonically, that I've ever heard. A good friend and fellow audiophile was sitting next to me, and he thinks vinyl is, and has never even been worth bothering with. I wish you could have seen his face after the playing of the lacquer finished.

JC

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 9:58 PM, TubeLover said:

He thinks vinyl is, and has never even been worth bothering with. I wish you could have seen his face after the playing of the lacquer finished.

Until you compare the vinyl to the Analog Master Tape copy....  :)

8 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

If only we could all afford such things, and the reel to reels to play them on :(

JC

Yes and the room for a Studio Quality Analog Tape Machine.  For now, I'm going with the DSD 256 edition of London Calling and it is sounding very nice indeed!  :)