IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu Upgrade?

It can't be upgraded as of yet. We do not not have a trade in program for these, but they are still highly sought after in the used market. For RoonReady support have a look here:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/29745-sonicorbiter-sonoreupnp-bridge/

vortecjr,

Thank you for your reply.  I’m now playing music from Roon to the Signature Rendu using the instructions you provided.   However, the music is dropping out very often.  Is there a buffer setting somewhere?  When I use Roon with my Micro Rendu and feed my DAC in another zone, there are no dropouts of music.  No dropout using the Signature Rendu and JRemote either.  All music sits on my NAS and my Roon Core on a Windows Laptop.  I’m not sure if this would be network latency, etc.  Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but the ssr spdif/i2s support thread is closed.

I have an ssr and am getting dropouts and it sometimes disappears from bubbleupnp as the renderer. When I set bubbleupnp to generate logs, I see "no response" as items when bubbleupnp tries to contact the ssr but it does respond when I ping it from my laptop tho. So I just unplug and replug the ssr (can't get to the ssr power switch).

It is running old firmware V1.45 000 000 89BED079 (Sun Dec 14 11:38:12 2014) so I downloaded the latest firmware from the mr-mod board manufacturer, engineered SA formerly ABC-PCB. The firmware filename shows v1.52 in its filename dated Feb 6, 2018.

Before I flash this, I would love someone who has updated their SSR firmware to chime in.

If you see this Jesus, would you recommend I do this and if so I'd sure appreciate any pointers so I don't brick my SSR lol.

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, stray_cat said:

@jcn3Thanks. I'm not sure but I think the problem is the SSR is getting signal from my phone instead of straight from the internet using bubbleupnp just as a controller. I'm still looking into it but I may need a different solution like a streamer.

do you have a nas or some other device that could be a server?

one of the best/easiest ways to set things up is to run minimserver and bubbleupnp server on a nas.  then put the ssr in dlna/upnp mode.  then use bubbleupnp app on your phone to control things.  that takes your phone out of the processing loop.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hi @jcn3 I do not have a nas or ripped any of my music. My music comes exclusively from Tidal & Qobuz into either a. SSR or b. Bluesound node2 still in use. I added the ssr in parallel to hopefully get to the next level up in SQ. I switch at the dac between coax (ssr) and toslink (node2) for TV+ backup music streaming. I think what's coming from the ssr is better but think something's holding it back. Thanks for the advice.

• 3 weeks later...

@jcn3 In line with your suggestion I researched getting another device and thought a raspberry pi might do the job. I've been reading that moode and/or a Linux os running mpd might be ideal for that job. Still trying to absorb everything. Is minimserver still required with bubbleupnp server to only stream tidal & qobuz? I'm thinking for best SQ I might want to have as few processes as possible running on the RPi, just enough to take my phone (and if possible, even the RPi) out of the loop or am I overthinking this? Thanks again!

On 8/11/2020 at 3:23 AM, stray_cat said:

I know this is an old thread but the ssr spdif/i2s support thread is closed.

I have an ssr and am getting dropouts and it sometimes disappears from bubbleupnp as the renderer. When I set bubbleupnp to generate logs, I see "no response" as items when bubbleupnp tries to contact the ssr but it does respond when I ping it from my laptop tho. So I just unplug and replug the ssr (can't get to the ssr power switch).

It is running old firmware V1.45 000 000 89BED079 (Sun Dec 14 11:38:12 2014) so I downloaded the latest firmware from the mr-mod board manufacturer, engineered SA formerly ABC-PCB. The firmware filename shows v1.52 in its filename dated Feb 6, 2018.

Before I flash this, I would love someone who has updated their SSR firmware to chime in.

If you see this Jesus, would you recommend I do this and if so I'd sure appreciate any pointers so I don't brick my SSR lol.

Thanks all!

hi, if you need some help here please feel free to ping me, I do not honk Jesus is active here anymore.  In any case, definitely update the firmware in any case, it is easy to do as you have already downloaded the most recent one.  just enter the IP address of the unit into a web browser and the firmware update GUI should come up.  these are very reliable, so if you are having problems, I suspect they would be Network related.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio