IGNORED

Beggars Banquet remastered SACD

Anyone have this and a DR on it. People expounding on this at SH but I have my doubts.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Well, Bob Ludwig also did the original remasters for SACD in 2002 - and they sound great.

Do you have information of how the remaster was done? Unless he went back to the original tapes - which I doubt - as ABKCO archived them in DSD back then and said that was the archive copy.  
I would hold off on buying it. It may be volume compressed and sound worse than the 2002 release. 
It isn't in release yet, so how could someone have the DR?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Kimo said:

I bought the download.  I believe they used new/different masters and added a some compression.  It sounds good with better clarity on a number of songs. 

They added a moderate amount of compression acc'd to the DR ratings. Personally, I'd have to hear it before I'd buy it. Been burned too many times with remasters I didn't like b/c of the added compression. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

2 hours ago, firedog said:

They added a moderate amount of compression acc'd to the DR ratings. Personally, I'd have to hear it before I'd buy it. Been burned too many times with remasters I didn't like b/c of the added compression. 

Not nearly as bad as the CSN stuff,  for example,  but I get it.  Why even compress these at all for a vinyl/hi rez/sacd release?

1 hour ago, Kimo said:

Not nearly as bad as the CSN stuff,  for example,  but I get it.  Why even compress these at all for a vinyl/hi rez/sacd release?

Yep. I understand why they do it for mp3 and even CD. But why do it for hi -res? Just leave the high res alone and do the compression to the other versions if you must.