IGNORED

Help with Christian music album

HIFI

Please help ....

i need some christian album/artist recommendations for some nicely recorded albums. 

Not concerned about how large/small the artest’s band is.  Just looking for nice recordings that allow me to connect. 

I know this may sound like a silly request but well recorded is a priority 

thanks in advance

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

Christmas music off limits?

A reasonable guide towards desired genre(s) would help; Acoustic, soft rock, hymns, country, choral, foreign language,...

There are some decidedly old testament and baroque ideas of what constitutes Christian music in today's crazy world.  There are also some kids very buzzed on Jesus.  Traditional devout music of undetermined origin is almost certainly what you have in mind.  Using more exacting parameters could only further the results a group of people with voracious appetites for music might unearth.  

On 11/11/2018 at 10:05 AM, rando said:

Christmas music off limits?

A reasonable guide towards desired genre(s) would help; Acoustic, soft rock, hymns, country, choral, foreign language,...

There are some decidedly old testament and baroque ideas of what constitutes Christian music in today's crazy world.  There are also some kids very buzzed on Jesus.  Traditional devout music of undetermined origin is almost certainly what you have in mind.  Using more exacting parameters could only further the results a group of people with voracious appetites for music might unearth.  

Yes . . . 

Let me try and help

hymns, choral, acoustical, soft rock. I don’t think I want Christmas songs. I’m still very open to all suggestions especially if you have Something that is off the beaten path.  Example . . . Midnight Chior does a song “Spiritual “.  Very intimate and personal.   

Thank you you for helping me make a better question/request for help. 

While not conventionally labelled first and foremost as “Christian  Music”, much classical music is inspired by Christian liturgy, the Bible, or spiritual quests in the Christian tradition.  Not least based on who held power and wielded patronage and thus determined what was deemed suitable as art in past eras.

Standout pieces for  me would be Bach’s  St Matthew and St John passions, Biber’s  Rosary Sonatas, Haydn’s Quartet seven last words of Christ, Handel’s Messiah, Elgar’s Dream of Gerontius (also The Kingdom and the Apostles) and Wagner’s Parsifal.  Tippet’s a Child in Time, whilst not having an overtly Christian narrative, does have some very affecting Spirituals.

As an atheist, I offer no guarantee that the above selection would be universally acceptable across all strands of Christianity.

1 hour ago, HIFI said:

Yes . . . 

Let me try and help

hymns, choral, acoustical, soft rock. I don’t think I want Christmas songs. I’m still very open to all suggestions especially if you have Something that is off the beaten path.  Example . . . Midnight Chior does a song “Spiritual “.  Very intimate and personal.   

Thank you you for helping me make a better question/request for help. 

You might try this:

19 hours ago, rando said:

Were you able to find anything on the album I linked to?

Thanks for the suggestion.  This one didn't work for me.  ABSOLUTLEY no fault of yours as it is a good selection. 

This may be a tough request as it is a "Connection" I'm looking for.  May be too "personal" but I am going to leave my post/request open for now . . . . Hoping for a gem.

THANKS for checking in!!!

15 minutes ago, Nikhil said:

Have you looked up anything from Hillsong?  

I would like to purchase this on any format other than MP3.  Can you recommend where I can find as I am not locating.

Thank You

24 minutes ago, HIFI said:

I would like to purchase this on any format other than MP3.  Can you recommend where I can find as I am not locating.

Thank You

Sure!  Hillong material is available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hillsong/e/B000APP2V2

Just checked ... Hillsong is also available on TIDAL.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

1 hour ago, HIFI said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  This one didn't work for me.  ABSOLUTLEY no fault of yours as it is a good selection. 

This may be a tough request as it is a "Connection" I'm looking for.  May be too "personal" but I am going to leave my post/request open for now . . . . Hoping for a gem.

THANKS for checking in!!!

Could you reel out a little more line? What sort of "connection" do you seek? In the spiritual life common experience can be vital. Why not share a little more of what kind of inspiration you desire such that folks could recognise or identify with what you say and share accordingly? Why do you think recording quality might help? Did you buy a Hi-Fi to get close to Jesus?

• 3 weeks later...