IGNORED

Perpetual Technologies

Never owned or heard them, but I remember these units were hyped to the max about 20 years ago.  Just wondered if they were any good and what happened to the company.  As I recall it was 2 units: a DAC and separate upsampler, quite on current trend in fact. Anyone on here own them back in the day?

5 hours ago, Norton said:

Never owned or heard them, but I remember these units were hyped to the max about 20 years ago.  Just wondered if they were any good and what happened to the company.  As I recall it was 2 units: a DAC and separate upsampler, quite on current trend in fact. Anyone on here own them back in the day?

Yes, I had it.  Yes, it is more or less 20 years before.  The Dac and upsampler were good but the problem with them is that they are too light and they had difficulty with my IC and coaxial. 

MetalNuts

I remember more than a dac and upsampler. Seems build quality might have been an issue. 

Reliability problems hammers the nail in small companies. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

I have both the P1A and P3A together with a Modright PS, bought new,about twenty years ago. They handle red book very well. They can't handle hi-res files, which is why I now have them in a second system.

With regards to reliability, I have had trouble free service since I got them.

I have left them on all the time except when going on holiday. So they have been turned on for twenty years and have never given trouble.