IGNORED

Nativ Vita - Buyers Beware

My requirements from a new music server were access to SoundCloud, local storage, low jitter output and remote operation. 

The moment I grab my freshly delivered Vita, I was excited. By the rattling hard drive compartment and the misaligned LCD display I knew was in for a great adventure. 

And I wasn't disappointed. As I gently mounted the unit onto the stand, the display came unglue:

Nativ-1.thumb.jpg.cdfa9fff1af052e0c1005b2b81e58f43.jpg

Nativ-2.thumb.jpg.15b6532e8266172aaa4f1d32998de723.jpg

After a good laugh, I turned my eyes to the internals and soon discovered a liberal and crude deployment of electrical tape that either kept parts in place, held them together or protected them from exposures. My heart swelled. I had only the deepest admiration to that jerry-built DIY. Better still, Nativ's business acumen seemed brilliantly cunny: the build was good enough to meet the warranty period and just about it. There were other giggle-inducing oddities, but I'll spare you the details.

Nativ-3.thumb.jpg.2f18e79799043e3e3e7c5c0188657fff.jpg

Nativ-4.thumb.jpg.304cac569b750d31276da63bb2b7c505.jpg

Nativ-5.thumb.jpg.142776b40e324dc1d96cf06a10a0a45b.jpg

Nativ-6.thumb.jpg.d8b094151e84a94beee935df1f68281d.jpg

Nativ swore it was a one-off mishap, a unit rushed out in a hurry. So, being a fair-minded person, I asked for photos of their supposedly properly assembled internals. Next, I was in for another lovely surprise: purportedly their vendor doesn't allow taking photos inside their facilities. A clandestine assembly line, so it would seem. The thought of ordering an unglued unit to the Nativ’s offices and shoot some photos seems to have not crossed their minds, and I was too contemptuous to bring it up. I took my refund and whisked off.

Be very leery of what's under Nativ’s hood, and likewise of their business ethos.

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

I fully a agree with your assessment.

As for manufacturer's respond, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Here's another tidbit to make the case: I warned Nativ their reputation and credibility was on the line and gave them the opportunity to prove their claims of aberration by submitting photos. Thier reply: only if I commited to accept a replacement would they produce said photos. My cynical interpretation: only if money was on table would they fabricate evidence (Photoshop or a mockup). 

It's impossible to know what's going on in their minds. Nothing at all, i.e., stupidly? That their prospects and customers are gullible fools? Or perhaps they're on their last gasps, ready to fold. 

At this stage, I'd be dubious of any explanations they offered. 

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]

Surround

6moons just put up their "first look" preview of the device and from the pictures it looks immaculate. I'd say post your experience over there. The review will probably get a lot of clicks and people should be warned 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

38 minutes ago, firedog said:

6moons just put up their "first look" preview of the device and from the pictures it looks immaculate. I'd say post your experience over there. The review will probably get a lot of clicks and people should be warned 

A wise advise. 

I've gone there, but no comment area. Bummer, because I want to warn others.

And yes, the images are sleek in general. They put a lot in their website too. But it's all hat no cattle. 

Maybe they set out on the right foot, but lost their footing along the way. 

Stereo

Surround

2 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

A wise advise. 

I've gone there, but no comment area. Bummer, because I want to warn others.

And yes, the images are sleek in general. They put a lot in their website too. But it's all hat no cattle. 

Maybe they set out on the right foot, but lost their footing along the way. 

There's a letters section which is sort of a comments section. Try that.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

There's a letters section which is sort of a comments section. Try that.

http://www.6moons.com/lettersfeedback/lettersfeedback.html

Stereo

Surround