IGNORED

Please tell me I'm not going crazy

Hey everyone, 

Over the last few months I've become a fan of Jess Glynne and was pretty excited for her new album. But for some reason on almost every song is some serious distortion/crackling on certain frequencies. At first I got worried it was my new set of Sonys but I switched headphones, switched devices, redownloaded the songs, but still heard it. So then I went to Youtube and can hear it there as well. I figured the last test would be to purchase a FLAC version of one of the songs and listen to it that way. It's still there. One song in particular is called "Thursday." I don't want to tell you where in the song is because I want to see if others hear it without guidance. Would anyone mind giving it a listen and see if you hear it? It's hard for me to believe that a good-sized star would have production issues like this but I can't think of any other explanation. Thanks so much everyone, this has be driving me nuts for days. :D

Zack

6 hours ago, ZacKaffeine said:

Hey everyone, 

Over the last few months I've become a fan of Jess Glynne and was pretty excited for her new album. But for some reason on almost every song is some serious distortion/crackling on certain frequencies. At first I got worried it was my new set of Sonys but I switched headphones, switched devices, redownloaded the songs, but still heard it. So then I went to Youtube and can hear it there as well. I figured the last test would be to purchase a FLAC version of one of the songs and listen to it that way. It's still there. One song in particular is called "Thursday." I don't want to tell you where in the song is because I want to see if others hear it without guidance. Would anyone mind giving it a listen and see if you hear it? It's hard for me to believe that a good-sized star would have production issues like this but I can't think of any other explanation. Thanks so much everyone, this has be driving me nuts for days. :D

Zack

Would you name some decent recording of Bach, Schubert or Mozart, where you hear the same for someone to check?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 1:21 AM, ZacKaffeine said:

Hey everyone, 

Zack

Just had a listen out of interest on Qobuz and didn’t hear distortion at all. Just normal compressed sound from this type of pop song.