IGNORED

Using a Remote Tablet to Control Foobar

Mitch

Advice Please

Does anyone have experience of using a tablet to control Foobar remotely?  I store and play my music from a dedicated laptop situated in my Hi Fi rack.  I would like to be able to control the lap top/foobar from a tablet (iOS or android) so that I do not have to use the lap top mouse pad to change play list etc.  I think there is a plug-in that may do this, but do you know if there are any 'for dummies' instructions out there to help me set this up?

Grateful for any help

Mitch

ac

Hi.

Thanks for the response.  The second case is what I am trying to achieve.  I just want my ipad to be a control point so that I can send instructions to my Windows lap top foobar prog so that the lap top sends the music to my DAC.  I have no problem with lap top to DAC, it is just that I would like a 'remote' so that I do not have to go to the lap top to change play list etc.  I have been trying the beefweb remote component from the Foobar components page.  I have loaded the component into Foobar but I cannot connects to the tablet even though I am using the correct IP address for the lap top and I have checked the firewall.  I have not tried VNC viewer.  How would that work please?

Thanks

Mitch

The BEST remote for Foobar2000 is MonkeyMote.  I’ve found nothing better.  It’s far more functional and aesthetic on iOS, but there is an Android version.  For all other remote access, I use the Remote Desktop app for iOS as well.  I find both to work flawlessly.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:59 AM, Mitch said:

Advice Please

Does anyone have experience of using a tablet to control Foobar remotely?  I store and play my music from a dedicated laptop situated in my Hi Fi rack.  I would like to be able to control the lap top/foobar from a tablet (iOS or android) so that I do not have to use the lap top mouse pad to change play list etc.  I think there is a plug-in that may do this, but do you know if there are any 'for dummies' instructions out there to help me set this up?

If you go to the Play Store, you can find an app called foobar2000 controller, complete with setup instructions.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.