IGNORED

Article: What’s in a Naim? A Uniti Atom Review

Great review!  I especially appreciate the comparison to a full traditional setup such as your Yggy/Ayre--too many reviews of good all-in-one products fail to mention that there are some sonic compromises.  I will recommend Atom to a friend who is looking for something a bit easier than a full setup.  

Also--thanks for the music recs--listening to Long Black Coat on my Naim Unit Core into Yggy/McIntosh now.  Sounds great!

Thanks, everyone for the kind words.  I enjoyed thinking about others while evaluating the Atom for myself and writing the article.  Writing the article made me explore a broader scope.

Talking about the actual music I listen to has been a big problem for me.  What I select and what say was hard.  There is no way to a common understanding because there was no direct shared experience.  I feel that my words are not as descriptive as they could be.

Putting my system back in place was the right thing to do both for me and for the article.   As another result, I am better setup now to merely hook the Atom or something else back up to the main speakers for testing and comparison.

For the music listener, the Unity Atom is a dream.  Getting high-quality music reproduction out of such a physically simple system design is uncannily great. For the hobbyist or tweaker, the all-in-one system might not be the right choice, but it is not a mistake either!  Naim nailed this. 

There are more products in this category, and I am extremely pleased to see them.