IGNORED

ADC/DAC kernel correction aka deconvolution

jabbr

16 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Of course this would eat up a ton of CPU cycles but we are yet again entering new performance levels of CPU/CUDA processing.

just let the Pegasus processors in your self-driving car work on it while you are sleeping...

10 hours ago, mansr said:

It still doesn't explain how they can "deblur" a mix made from dozens of tracks.

Sorry to be OT, but there is a type of 'madness' involved here, trying to solve a 'problem' by throwing technology and mathematical concepts at it - IMO this will never work; it's the equivalent of that fad for placing recordings in certain environments, by playing with certain aspects of the data: concert hall, jazz club, etc, etc. It's a cute trick, but wears off mighty quick ...

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

Why go for a technical solution when you can simply Frank it?

Because it works ... :) ... I could go for a car analogy, something like trying to make cart wheel springs perform like F1 suspensions, by throwing everything in the book at the 'problem' - but because I would be deafened by the sneering, I won't ...

Audio sound is blurred, subjectively, because there is too much disturbing audible distortion, from playback deficiencies ... fix the primary problem, and then all the complex workarounds are completely unnecessary. Pretty damn simple, really.

3 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Because it works ... :) ... I could go for a car analogy, something like trying to make cart wheel springs perform like F1 suspensions, by throwing everything in the book at the 'problem'

Better to close your eyes and make "zoom, zoom" sounds.

20 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Sorry to be OT, but there is a type of 'madness' involved here, trying to solve a 'problem' by throwing technology and mathematical concepts at it - IMO this will never work; it's the equivalent of that fad for placing recordings in certain environments, by playing with certain aspects of the data: concert hall, jazz club, etc, etc. It's a cute trick, but wears off mighty quick ...

If you were sorry to be off topic, you wouldn’t comment where you don’t appear to have experience. The ‘maddness’ Involved is your compulsion to insert your vacuous comments into every discussion. 

Methinks you’ve inhaled way too many lead fumes in your resoldering 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

4 minutes ago, jabbr said:

If you were sorry to be off topic, you wouldn’t comment where you don’t appear to have experience. The ‘maddness’ Involved is your compulsion to insert your vacuous comments into every discussion. 

Methinks you’ve inhaled way too many lead fumes in your resoldering 

I have practical experience resolving "blurred" playback - but because that hasn't got heavy duty, theoretical underpinning it can't be very useful ... right, ?

Frank, Blackmorec very kindly opened an entire topic thread for you to deposit your words of whizzdom in, so we would all be appreciative if you would use that for things that do not fit into the normal topics.

While many others go OT a bit (and I particularly favor vehicle dynamics issues), no one is within and order of magnitude of your excessive posting.

31 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I have practical experience resolving "blurred" playback - but because that hasn't got heavy duty, theoretical underpinning it can't be very useful ... right, ?

You have had many opportunities to explain your approach. The last 2900 or so have been somewhat redundant but if you have new things to offer, you may attach to one of your threads or open a new one. 

This thread has has nothing to do with your approach. I might have placed this in the Software, DSP, Room Correction subforum but given the recent discussion about MQA, I wanted to explain an approach that would be analogous to MQA’s deblurring approach yet in an open fashion. 

This is not theoretical. I and many many others have decades of experience using these techniques in very practical applications.

These are specifically computer techniques and not electrical techniques. In Computer Audio the techniques are complementary and not in opposition. 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.