IGNORED

WiFi, EMF & your health

I've been wondering about WIFI and how being around it all the time affects ones health. In my house, I have an eero system which has "pods" all around the house including bedrooms. I've submitted a feature request to be able to put each pod on a set schedule so they will be turned off for sleeping. The question becomes is how bad is it really? There are A LOT of devices that claim to decrease or get rid of it. What are you thoughts? 

If you have an Eero and would like to vote for the feature please see here.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

There is a persistent resistance to the idea that WiFi (and other forms of EMF) are ok for your health.  In fact, the anti-wireless electric meter-reading people in my small city have invited a PhuD to speak on that very topic...

Personally, I fear the Neutrino Flux.

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

There is a persistent resistance to the idea that WiFi (and other forms of EMF) are ok for your health.  In fact, the anti-wireless electric meter-reading people in my small city have invited a PhuD to speak on that very topic...

Personally, I fear the Neutrino Flux.

My biggest fear is use of Saran Wrap in microwaves ... then again who gives a sh*t about BBQ? or toast, or peanuts or ... ?‍♂️

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Is there any substantiated mechanism for which low power RF would actually be bad for you? 

I spent a significant amount of time in graduate school (early 2000s) doing work at analyzing how cell phones could be bad for you. We made computer models of human heads with all the different tissues represented with appropriate dialectic and conductive properties to see if significant amounts of energy dissipation might occur. At the power levels of cell phones (held right against the head) no significant temperature changes could be expected in tissues after extended exposure, and the blood flow would be more than adequate to dissipate and temperature change. RF is non-ionizing radiation. If someone can come up with a biological mechanism for which it may be harmful then I'd like the hear it. 

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

6 minutes ago, Kelly said:

Is there any substantiated mechanism for which low power RF would actually be bad for you? 

It causes jitter in the brain, which leads to poor stereo imaging, an unrealistic soundstage and an overall unrealistic existence.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

7 hours ago, wgscott said:

Apropos to this topic, we broke down and purchased Season Four of Better Call Saul.  

Watching the first episode of the season now.

This is exactly how Chuck died.

986a3bd9-7491-4001-9e71-c8eac491b741-206

There's a scene in an earlier season where a doctor demonstrates that it's all in his head.

Even environmental doctors would not be able to answer your question definitively and scientifically, offering only anecdotal evidence. Bottom line? if you have a lot of seemingly unrelated symptoms like headaches, fatigue, brain fog, sleep disturbances, etc. and temporarily moving out of your home into a EMI free zone brings relief, then you may belong to that very unlucky group that consider themselves hypersensitive to EMI. 

MAny Doctors will tell you its in your head, but those Doctors would be wrong....the symptoms are real and not imagined....its just that what causes them has yet to be nailed down. There are an increasing number of illnesses, syndromes and conditions that fall into this category and the people who suffer with them genuinely ail. Because modern medicine cannot offer a cause, doctors often fall back onto the well worn mental disorder path, but that’s genuinely insulting for the patient who is debilitated by the illness. 

There are currently no good empidemiological studies that link EMR to ill health....only lots of anecdotal evidence that’s unfortunately treated with a good deal of scepticism by the medical community. 

10 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

MAny Doctors will tell you its in your head, but those Doctors would be wrong....the symptoms are real and not imagined....its just that what causes them has yet to be nailed down.

Even though the symptoms are real enough, the cause can still be in your head.

10 hours ago, Kelly said:

Quantum mechanics could be wrong, and energy might scale with intensity rather than frequency.

But then we could never explain how USB cables create a sound-stage.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:35 AM, jtwrace said:

've submitted a feature request to be able to put each pod on a set schedule so they will be turned off for sleeping.

Can you put them on Wemo (or equivalent) switches and program the switches to turn off during sleeping hours and on during waking hours?  

I don't think there is any reason to leave them on.  (The switches only need to be connected to the internet to reprogram them, or to turn stuff on and off via the app interface, so you don't have a Catch-22 situation.)

18 minutes ago, wgscott said:

Can you put them on Wemo (or equivalent) switches and program the switches to turn off during sleeping hours and on during waking hours?  

I don't think there is any reason to leave them on.  (The switches only need to be connected to the internet to reprogram them, or to turn stuff on and off via the app interface, so you don't have a Catch-22 situation.)

Sure, that would work but it would be really nice if it was an option within the Eero app.  :-)

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

no substantiated mechanism - but my jokey post above is not all in jest

Walt W. discovered this navigation mechanism (and did indeed wear all black at at least on Int'l meeting - with his post-docs, uber-docs, and grad. students arrayed in various rings around him)

detection of, and use of magnetic fields for navigation is now known in many species and is one mechanism to account for navigation ability in birds & mammals (male mammals are better than females in all but one species BTW)

other mechs. include memory tracking; and star nav.