IGNORED

Great Minds in Audio

14 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

No I think Bose fits perfectly...the James Dyson of the audio World.  It takes some real out of the box thinking to come up something like the 901 speaker or a hand drier that makes use of your shirt cuffs to dry your hands. 

Somewhere, here, I have a great off-topic thread:  Dyson -- the Bose of the Vacuum cleaner world.  

Glad to see I am not the only one to see the parallels.

Edit: here we go:  

6 hours ago, mansr said:

Marconi and Hertz only dealt with radio telegraphy. Had digital audio been invented then, it might have been transmitted that way, of course.

Don't get me wrong, their contributions to science were great, just not audio related.

ok, they're out

Ed Meitner has been building state of the art audio gear for four decades and holds several patents. He was an important part of the SACD story and built the first DSD DAC. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

On 10/12/2018 at 6:44 PM, Blackmorec said:

No I think Bose fits perfectly...the James Dyson of the audio World.  It takes some real out of the box thinking to come up something like the 901 speaker or a hand drier that makes use of your shirt cuffs to dry your hands. 

Now thats not really being fair to Dyson. At least he produces things that perform and have value! 

JC

On 10/14/2018 at 9:37 PM, TubeLover said:

Now thats not really being fair to Dyson. At least he produces things that perform and have value! 

Dyson vacuums suck.  (Ha, you can't tell where I stand on them with that statement.) :o

But more seriously, Demian Martin (Spectral, Constellation, Monster, etc.) has close to two dozen patents to his name and one very sharp--and still living and contributing--engineer.  A nod should be given to John Curl as well.  John Stronzer at Bel Canto has been innovative too, though I am not sure of any fundamentally radical research of his.

Fitting with the title, i think Steve Jobs did a pretty good job on that :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13