IGNORED

Salute to Chris Connaker of Computer Audiophile

22 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

The highlight for me was Scoggins showing just how aligned he is with industry and how contemptuous he is of consumer advocacy.

Even though these shows are not completely irrelevant to the actual consumers in Audiophiledom, they are largely a place where industry insiders reinforce each other in all their beliefs, perspectives, etc.    Scoggins is selling himself to those who matter to him, and he appears successful at this.  Consumers should be very weary of these sorts of "opinion makers"...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

8 hours ago, crenca said:

Even though these shows are not completely irrelevant to the actual consumers in Audiophiledom, they are largely a place where industry insiders reinforce each other in all their beliefs, perspectives, etc.    Scoggins is whoring himself to those who matter to him, and he appears successful at this.  Consumers should be very weary of these sorts of "opinion makers"...

I fixed it for you. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Those answers and assertions from the "pro MQA" people in the audience deserve careful transcription and analysis. I gained the impression that they have put several shots in their own feet, or at least provided the ammunition.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Watching it reminds me of teaching elementary/primary school children. Give them an inch, they take a mile. This kind of presentation needs a firm announcement at the beginning that there will be absolutely no questions or comments until the end. Anyone who interrupts must be reminded of this first, after asking their name, their rudeness pointed out the second time, then asked to leave if they continue.

I ran into Scoggins at AXPONA, on an elevator--he is a first-class name dropper (he threw out John Atkinson's name in his typical loud and boorish fashion) and brown-noser, doing so to ingratiate himself with the industry. He also used to claim he was bestest buddies with David Chesky, just to give a point of reference. Of course he's gung-ho on MQA! He gets reamed elsewhere for "whoring" MQA with his one-sided opinions. He's one of these fellows with a successful business and too much disposable income--he's above the "typical" consumer out there, hence the condescending attitude which is hinted at above.

And kudos to Chris for standing up to the MQA contingent.  The more cracks in MQA's foundation, the better. :)