IGNORED

Looking for help with Apple products

Hello everyone: 

My goal is to get the best sound quality when listening to music. I've got UHD Blu Ray figured  out but clueless about taking advantage of my gear for music. 

I've got 200 CD’s ripped to AIFF on a MacBook Pro 2015. 

I’ve got a MacBook Air 2011 with 28K tracks with ITunes Match enabled. 

Denon 7200wa receiver, Apple TV 4K (recent version) my Samsung KS8500 UHD BLU RAY player can play CD’s if needed. 

Bowers and Wilkins 685S2 speakers in a 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos Setup. My subswoofers are B&W ASW610 and CC is a B&W HTM62S2. 2 channel music is listened through 2 B&W 685S2. 

What’s the best way to get the highest quality music to my receiver? I currently use AirPlay from MacBook Pro to Denon 7200wa. 

Would it be better to hook up one of my Macbooks directly to my receiver? If so what cable should be used? 

Open to suggestions. Thanks everyone! 

It looks like you have a fair number of options for digital input with this receiver:

71RG++rIm5L._SL1280_.jpg

Of these, the most straightforward would be the optical input from the Macbook Pro.  (The macbook air doesn't have optical out).  Try that first with a decent quality optical cable, before doing anything more drastic.

If the receiver offers a direct stereo play-through option where the signal doesn't get molested by all the DSP whistles and bells, try that setting.