IGNORED

CA Is Hiring!

Just now, gmgraves said:

Chris. I have been writing about audio professionally for more than 30 years. I've written for Stereophile, TAS, The Audiophile Voice and Audio magazine. I have plenty of time to devote to a Gig like this, and I'm very interested. Please get back to me if you're interested, and if you want formal samples, I can provide them.

Sending PM now. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

55 minutes ago, One and a half said:

George’s review of figure 8 zip cord speaker cable I will not be looking forward to.

I think he should start with a review of USB cables. ?

Great news that CA is hiring. We need more reviews. There's a lot of gear out there and everything is moving fast.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

37 minutes ago, Allan F said:

I was hoping that George would volunteer to do a review of the entire discography of The Who, including the 11 studio albums, 14 live albums and 26 compilation albums.

But wait, there are the multiple remasterings of "Sell Out", "Tommy", "Who's Next", and "Quadrophenia" - you can't forget those. 

And unfortunately or not, I own many of those that I could loan to George for the purpose. But 14 live recordings of the Who is a bit much even for me. But very glad to find out I haven't been suckered into 26 compilation albums - only about 4. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

23 minutes ago, firedog said:

But wait, there are the multiple remasterings of "Sell Out", "Tommy", "Who's Next", and "Quadrophenia" - you can't forget those. And unfortunately or not, I own many of those that I could loan to George for the purpose.

Don't tell me. Tell George. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If we ask for Scottish nose whistle reviews but you're only interested in Polynesian nose flutes, then your articles unrelated to these flutes will suffer.

Actually, I would welcome reviews of ANY high-end nose flutes!  I have only this entry-level one and have been looking to upgrade:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/grover-trophy-humanatones-nose-flute/

On 9/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

The lucrative world of online HiFi publishing isn't that lucrative. In fact, it isn't lucrative at all.

Perhaps: Depending on national tax rules, if registrated as a company a reviewer might benefit a deductible tax and/or vat for hifi purchases/review samples.