IGNORED

New Q&A Section

The Computer Audiophile

Question

23 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's similar to stack overflow where one person asks a question and several others reply with an answer.

This could be high hopes, Chris. For me Stack Overflow is a great resource but this is foremost due to the 100% responses with sense. That some are good answers or "the" answers is irrelevant to me because it is about the arguments. Then I pick myself the answer which suites me. IOW, no, I never used the feature of reading the one and only answer. Really never. However :

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

rather than sort through pages of off topic chit chat or arguments.

Or offtopic. This time I refer to microsoft.answers.com. This is usually a boatload of sh*t (not off topic but just a lot of shouting). There I *do* look quickly for the best answer *if* I go there in the first place. Too much chit-chat.

Hard to bring across to you, unless you go to both places yourself for the same reasons I do. The feature doesn't combine. It's either all serious and all good arguments and never off topic (which won't exist in CA) or mostly chitchat without a focus to the answer except from maybe a half serious one when the topic just runs and then the answer will be moot because the rest goes offtopic and the OP won't even read all any more (and thus also stops voting for the best answer).

This is obviously just my vision and it is only one. No reason not to try it out. If it works, it works. If not, the board will be redundant (as in exists next to the other and remains to be so) which makes it only more vague for where to be. And since you are not going to kill the other boards ... 

However, if it works, you could turn all the boards into carrying this feature, right ?

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 hour ago, jtwrace said:

Is a question like @Allo are you planning to be at RMAF or any other North American shows acceptable? 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It could be.

How would that work out ?

So it could be because someone just said it could be. Now I don't see how ... Example ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It could be.

I envision something like,  how do I upsample to DSD using HQP? This will enable us to use all the features such as up-voting answers and marking one answer the best answer for future reference and quick finding for other readers.

I think its a great idea Chris as long as people don't turn it into an objective subjective session and the OP's question goes so far off topic the question is muted by BS.

The Truth Is Out There

12 hours ago, PeterSt said:

This could be high hopes, Chris. For me Stack Overflow is a great resource but this is foremost due to the 100% responses with sense. That some are good answers or "the" answers is irrelevant to me because it is about the arguments. Then I pick myself the answer which suites me. IOW, no, I never used the feature of reading the one and only answer. Really never. However :

Or offtopic. This time I refer to microsoft.answers.com. This is usually a boatload of sh*t (not off topic but just a lot of shouting). There I *do* look quickly for the best answer *if* I go there in the first place. Too much chit-chat.

Hard to bring across to you, unless you go to both places yourself for the same reasons I do. The feature doesn't combine. It's either all serious and all good arguments and never off topic (which won't exist in CA) or mostly chitchat without a focus to the answer except from maybe a half serious one when the topic just runs and then the answer will be moot because the rest goes offtopic and the OP won't even read all any more (and thus also stops voting for the best answer).

This is obviously just my vision and it is only one. No reason not to try it out. If it works, it works. If not, the board will be redundant (as in exists next to the other and remains to be so) which makes it only more vague for where to be. And since you are not going to kill the other boards ... 

However, if it works, you could turn all the boards into carrying this feature, right ?

Peter

Hi Peter.  I think it depends very much on the questions.  I am personally thinking of some questions that I hope would work well here, along the lines of this one: 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi Chris,

Great concept and very welcome. 

Hopefully only those that have the required knowledge and competency to answer the "specific question" will respond - i.e we get facts not opinions, which after all is what the rest of the forum is for.

Good luck.

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It could be.

I envision something like,  how do I upsample to DSD using HQP? This will enable us to use all the features such as up-voting answers and marking one answer the best answer for future reference and quick finding for other readers.

Fair enough.  Sounds like it should be specific to what Q&A you want.  Just not sure how this would be advantageous since you have sections to address those types of issues.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

47 minutes ago, serendipitydawg said:

Well IMHO it's not working, is it?

Not a single question of any consequence, and not a single answer either

You're a "glass is half empty" type, aren't you? ?

I count sixteen questions, twelve with answers.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Like all things new, we must give it time. 

Here is a question that should be able to receive a definitive reply.;)

Chris

Have you given any further consideration to obtaining Lab Reports to go along with some of your more indepth reviews ?

Given the recent name change to Audiophile Style , this would elevate this site to an even more valuable resource for members and visitors, as well as keeping some members happier.

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 10/8/2018 at 3:58 PM, audiobomber said:

You're a "glass is half empty" type, aren't you? ?

I count sixteen questions, twelve with answers.

We'll have to start looking at the other 4.  :) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 10/9/2018 at 7:16 AM, serendipitydawg said:

Well IMHO it's not working, is it?

Not a single question of any consequence, and not a single answer either

I think you might be right!

However I did think my question was reasonable albeit drawing no answers.

The problem I'm having is that new posts appear sort of at the end, followed by the posts that have been voted down to negativeland. So when I click to see the new post, inevitably I end up reading the next one too, which is an old downvoted post I really don't want to see (again and again).