IGNORED

Roon Error Loop with macOS Mojave

This had been discussed for some time on the Roon forum.  Disappointing they didn't manage to put out a compatible version prior to the Mojave go-live :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

2 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

This had been discussed for some time on the Roon forum.  Disappointing they didn't manage to put out a compatible version prior to the Mojave go-live :/

This is a problem they have known about for months and, in their arrogance, chose to not fix until after the release of Mojave. They don't care if it inconveniences customers. Sad....

This is what happens when a company elects not to sell you software and instead sells you a subscription to a service. The implicit obligation to ensure that the software that underlies the service continues to work reliably on all platforms and OS versions, gets weakened.

This is just security new thing in Mojave...

not only Roon (that i don't use) have to be granted Access to the System to work or Full Disk Access ...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this loop with another product (RealVNC).  My guess is that this is Apple’s bug to fix...and Roon and others are simply waiting for Apple to do that.

i used to work at Microsoft on the Mac Office team.  We would occasionally be in similar situations where customers would complain about something not working on a new OS.  The fix was not ours to make so it put us in a bad spot.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

My real vnc works as expeted with 10.14. Have you authorize it in system prefs of mac... security tab

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

6 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

My real vnc works as expeted with 10.14. Have you authorize it in system prefs of mac... security tab

All good now.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256