IGNORED

Any Apple Remote Desktop users?

Hi,

Is anyone using the Apple Remote Desktop?

I was thinking of buying a Mac Mini to run headless using iTunes for browsing and HQPlayer for processing.

I'd wire it to the router and use a MacBook Pro to control the process of browsing then drag-dropping into HQP.

I'm currently using the MBP for both work and music, USB'ed to the DAC, and was wondering if I would get a cleaner signal to the DAC by using a headless computer with a L-PSU.

Before I was using a Raspberry-Pi/NAA with a HAT DAC, but have bought a USB DAC and @Miska advised against using the TEAC with the R-Pi due to problems with drivers.

Thanks,

Ricardo

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

I just use the free, built-in, VNC-based ScreenSharing.app  to control my Mac Mini (and all my computers at work) remotely.

I'm not even sure what ARD gets you that this doesn't, but I have never found it in any way limiting.

Having said that, I doubt you will get a cleaner signal using a headless computer, with or without a L-PSU.

45 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I just use the free, built-in, VNC-based ScreenSharing.app  to control my Mac Mini (and all my computers at work) remotely.

I'll give that a try.

I haven't used ARD for over 10 years.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)