IGNORED

Onkyo Music

Onkyo Music looks terrific--strong catalog, FLAC, reasonable prices--so I am thinking of migrating my purchases of new music to there, away from CDs purchased on Amazon.   In the past I bought a bunch of stuff from HDTracks, but I tired of their high prices matched with unreliable sound quality--as most know, too many of the versions did not sound as good as readily available CDs.  Please advise on experiences with Onkyo Music sound quality, especially dynamic range.

A big shout out and thanks to new_media for introducing me to the site in response to an earlier thread.  (I am surprised it has not garnered more coverage from the CA community.)

Thanks!

https://www.onkyomusic.com/US/home

Anything you find on Onkyo Music that's also available from HDTracks will be the same as both stores simply distribute what they receive from the labels.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

18 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Anything you find on Onkyo Music that's also available from HDTracks will be the same as both stores simply distribute what they receive from the labels.

But pricing can be substancially different.

Eg. Ryan Adams - Live at Carnegie Hall in 24bits/96kHz costs 31,49$ at the Onkyo site, and 66,98$ at HDTracks.com

Unfortunately, living in Belgium, I am not able to buy at the Onkyo site.

Dirk

9 hours ago, ddetaey said:

But pricing can be substancially different.

Eg. Ryan Adams - Live at Carnegie Hall in 24bits/96kHz costs 31,49$ at the Onkyo site, and 66,98$ at HDTracks.com

Unfortunately, living in Belgium, I am not able to buy at the Onkyo site.

Dirk

This album is not available in Europe at any store. 

You don't need to buy at the Onkyo site. Onkyo Music is merely selling the 7digital.com catalog plus the MQA stuff, prices are the same and usually not competitive with Qobuz or HighResAudio.com.