IGNORED

TOTL Dac advice: Terminator vs. PS Directstream vs. Yggy 2

Hey everyone, right now I am listening to FLACs with foobar2k and wasapi -> HDV 820 -> ZMF auteur, atticus and HD800S. It sounds great but I want to step up. I heard my friends Master 9+master 7 stack and was impressed with the blacker background, bigger soundstage and more detailed sound.

I decided to most likely get an Audio GD HE9.

Now I have to decide on a DAC. Right now I have a local seller who has the DS Sr. for $3850 USD brand new in box. Or I could get a Yggydrasil A2 for $2800 (after shipping and tax).

Any thoughts on which direction to go? I listen to mainly Ambient, Techno, Jazz, Classical and instrumental music (Nicholas Gunn, Robert Michaels) Thanks!

On 9/15/2018 at 3:52 AM, juanitox said:

go to your local shop , listen to the PS dac and other dac in your price target  ..

too much commerical B.S and fake reviews on the net

only trust your ears..

I agree with you about trusting your ears.  However, listening to different DAC's inserted into the dealer's system has a little bit of value, but not much (unless the dealer has the OP's exact system).

The only proper way to do this is get all the competing DAC's at the same time back in your own system, with return privileges.  Short of that, try to get at least two of the competing DAC's at the same time and short of that, just take a lot of detailed notes and hope our aural memory is reliable.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

12 hours ago, FredM said:

Better switch of the internet then ?

(It will take some effort to listen to the Terminator at a dealer)

not necessarilly a bad thing , with some times fresh hype dacs return to their real value  look at the berkely Alpha few years ago and now the Schitt Yggy  ..  it was a star few month ago and now every new dac  seems to bettered it ..  ( in the reveiw )  ..     

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker