IGNORED

Audirvana + Remote

Do any of you who have Audirvana Plus use the A+ Remote? I just learned about this on their website.

I believe A+ Remote is a simple app that is available through the Apple App Store and requires either an iPad, iPad Mini or an iPod Touch.

Can any of you please tell me more about how A+ Remote works and what all you can do with the A+ Remote?

I just got my 2014 Mac Mini yesterday, but will not be setting it up right away...and I will be ordering my Marantz HD-DAC1 in about one week from now. In the meantime, I do have my first Apple Store Genius Bar appt. next week to have the Mac Mini's OSX upgraded to High Sierra.

Please let me know more about A+ Remote......

3 minutes ago, audiophile65 said:

Do any of you who have Audirvana Plus use the A+ Remote? I just learned about this on their website.

I believe A+ Remote is a simple app that is available through the Apple App Store and requires either an iPad, iPad Mini or an iPod Touch.

Can any of you please tell me more about how A+ Remote works and what all you can do with the A+ Remote?

I just got my 2014 Mac Mini yesterday, but will not be setting it up right away...and I will be ordering my Marantz HD-DAC1 in about one week from now. In the meantime, I do have my first Apple Store Genius Bar appt. next week to have the Mac Mini's OSX upgraded to High Sierra.

Please let me know more about A+ Remote......

Just wanted to add -- my 49" 4K UHD/HDR TV will be right near my Mac Mini. As I do not intend to have my TV turned on when using my Mac/DAC, will I be able to see all "functions" of the A+ remote on a iPad or iPod Touch?

10 minutes ago, audiophile65 said:

Just wanted to add -- my 49" 4K UHD/HDR TV will be right near my Mac Mini. As I do not intend to have my TV turned on when using my Mac/DAC, will I be able to see all "functions" of the A+ remote on a iPad or iPod Touch?

You can browse and play everything that's in your Audrivana library (your local library, Qobuz and Tidal).

You don't have access to the full Audirvana settings of course - you will need to use your Mac if you need to adjust settings.

You have full browsing though and some limited settings - like selecting the audio device / endpoint, which is handy.

Which specific "functions" are you asking about? If it's play, pause, next track, volume, shuffle, repeat... then yes, that is available in the remote app.

44 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

You can browse and play everything that's in your Audrivana library (your local library, Qobuz and Tidal).

You don't have access to the full Audirvana settings of course - you will need to use your Mac if you need to adjust settings.

You have full browsing though and some limited settings - like selecting the audio device / endpoint, which is handy.

Which specific "functions" are you asking about? If it's play, pause, next track, volume, shuffle, repeat... then yes, that is available in the remote app.

Thanks for the info so far. The "functions" (i.e. play, pause, next track, volume, shuffle, repeat...) is a good question, and I am glad you made those known to me. It sounds quite functional, but I can also be ready to use the Mac for more special settings.

6 minutes ago, audiophile65 said:

Thanks for the info so far. The "functions" (i.e. play, pause, next track, volume, shuffle, repeat...) is a good question, and I am glad you made those known to me. It sounds quite functional, but I can also be ready to use the Mac for more special settings.

Happy to help. Sounds like you're ready to get it and use it.