IGNORED

RIP Siegfried Linkwitz

Mordikai

I heard a pair that a friend built. Really, really good.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I heard Mr Linkwitz's LX minis placed in the middle of a suburban garage with brick walls, a concrete floor and steel roof with no acoustic treatment. They were fed by a mini dip HD 2 x 4 HD

..... at best a mid range source and a hostile listening environment ..... and they sounded sublime.

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/LXmini/Introduction.htm

An excellent engineer who was no scared to think outside the box .... pun intended.

RIP

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

I attended Burning Amp here in San Francisco in 2011 and there were these speakers sitting a large room playing the Beatles Sgt. Pepper's at a very high volume.  And it sounded better than I have ever heard this album.  I had no idea what they were at the time I thought it was just some strange (and strange looking) one-off project someone had done - little did I know that these speakers were the top end of Linkwitz designs. 

I'd like to hear them again at some point.  They really were impressive.

IMG_4573.jpg

Genelec 8030a with 7050b sub > Peachtree Decco 2 > Apple TV

We owe so much to the knowledge, experience and creativity of this great engineer. 

His work, his ideas and his papers make him immortal. 

R.I.P. Siegfried

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

Yes, a brilliant man, with great knowledge, ability and spirit of sharing and explaining. I've learnt a lot about acoustics from him and enjoyed his website, his drawings in addition to the various speaker constructions. Will miss him. Hopefully the website will stay as part of his legacy.

A uniquely talented and generous man. RIP.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

Just saw this now. What a shame. 

He was an inspiration to me. Not only have I designed and built many loudspeakers over the years because of him, but also shared several emails with him over the years. A very generous and down to earth gentleman. He will be missed.

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea