IGNORED

Looking for an audio interface/dac with xlr/(1/4) and spdif

Hello everybody,

At the end of the year I would like to buy Studio Monitors. I prefer Genelec or Neumann, but that's not the topic here.

Currently I have a pair of Edifier 1280T connected to a Dell U2414H. From there my Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) is connected via Displayport and my Xbox One S via HDMI.

My intention is this:

I'm looking for an Interface/DAC that allows me to run both my Xbox One S and my MacBook. The Xbox One has an S/PDIF optical output. So far I have found the following products:

First I want to run a 2.0 system, later adding a subwoofer.

Maybe someone here knows another insider tip! In terms of price, it should be around the Audient iD22.

I am sorry for my English (living in Germany) :D

Greetings

SporeTinte049

Toslink is not as popular as it was. Newer units may be coax instead. 

I doubt anyone does this, but Benchmark used to have a tech sheet on their website for converting toslink to coax. I did a couple, mainly changing the jack and some caps and resistors. Worked perfectly. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer.