IGNORED

Issue with USBridge after using two power supplies

tjpaich

I was sent here by the Allo support page hence this post in search of assistance from someone at Allo, or even the community...

I received my order of the USBridge running Dietpi and an extra power supply from Allo this morning.  Hooked it up per instructions, just using the barrel plug and a single power supply and began listening from Roon through my Pre Box S2 Digital DAC.  The power led has never come on but the flashing ethernet light lets me know it was actually on.  Beyond that I had no issues.  

The sound I was hearing was unexpected. I was blown away, jaw literally dropped, by the additional "space" and detail in music I know intimately!  After listening for a few hours I decided to hook up the second power supply to see if the further improvements I've read about were actually possible.  I removed the jumper and plugged the second Allo power supply into the the case using the micro-usb adapter and then restarted the USBridge from the web interface.

Immediately, things turned bad.  Still no led power light, but now there was no sound when I play a song via Roon - just a kind of loud thump/thud when Play is clicked on or a song is changed.  Double checked Roon settings and nothing had changed from the early listening just a few minutes before.  Roon shows a song as playing, the time bar is moving correctly, and the "ALSA OUTPUT STREAM INFORMATION" in the Allo web interface shows a stream - but no sound.  Powered down and opened up the Allo case, replaced the jumper, disconnected the second power supply and restarted it.  Once again, no sound - just the same thump/thud, but it was now back to the identical configuration with which I started.  Have since gone through quadruple checking everything including the DAC inputs, updated the Dietpi, and nothing has changed - no sound.  Both the USBridge and my DAC still appear as "Zones" in Roon

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated!  I fear that the USBridge board fried when I connected the second Allo Power Supply to it.

4 hours ago, tjpaich said:

I was sent here by the Allo support page hence this post in search of assistance from someone at Allo, or even the community...

I received my order of the USBridge running Dietpi and an extra power supply from Allo this morning.  Hooked it up per instructions, just using the barrel plug and a single power supply and began listening from Roon through my Pre Box S2 Digital DAC.  The power led has never come on but the flashing ethernet light lets me know it was actually on.  Beyond that I had no issues.  

The sound I was hearing was unexpected. I was blown away, jaw literally dropped, by the additional "space" and detail in music I know intimately!  After listening for a few hours I decided to hook up the second power supply to see if the further improvements I've read about were actually possible.  I removed the jumper and plugged the second Allo power supply into the the case using the micro-usb adapter and then restarted the USBridge from the web interface.

Immediately, things turned bad.  Still no led power light, but now there was no sound when I play a song via Roon - just a kind of loud thump/thud when Play is clicked on or a song is changed.  Double checked Roon settings and nothing had changed from the early listening just a few minutes before.  Roon shows a song as playing, the time bar is moving correctly, and the "ALSA OUTPUT STREAM INFORMATION" in the Allo web interface shows a stream - but no sound.  Powered down and opened up the Allo case, replaced the jumper, disconnected the second power supply and restarted it.  Once again, no sound - just the same thump/thud, but it was now back to the identical configuration with which I started.  Have since gone through quadruple checking everything including the DAC inputs, updated the Dietpi, and nothing has changed - no sound.  Both the USBridge and my DAC still appear as "Zones" in Roon

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated!  I fear that the USBridge board fried when I connected the second Allo Power Supply to it.

I think the DAC alsa settings Muted in back-end.

ssh login and check , MM shows Muted , 00 - unmute , m key to toggle the state.

alsamixer -c 1

Allo.com Tech. Support